Chapter 25- Up For Debate

"What?"
Tommy had completely forgotten about Jack- he assumed that Phil, Niki, Wilbur or Quackity would have fought him by now.
"What do you mean, has anyone seen Jack? Hasn't anyone found him yet?" Tommy asked.
"Oh. No, I thought he was with you," Niki replied worriedly. "Wait... that means-"
"He's somewhere here! And- and he could be anywhere and nobody would know!"
"Now, don't panic," Techno said calmly. "He's only a threat with eye contact, remember that and you'll be fine if you ever come across him. Now, this place is kind of huge, but we have more... ahem... pressing matters to be dealing with right now."
He pressed the edge of his blade against Ranboo's throat threateningly, not harming him but scaring the living shit out of him.
"We need somebody to go and look for him. The rest will deal with the tall guy."
"I'll go!" Niki said cheerfully.
"Oh, really?" said Techno. "That was quick. Thanks, Niki, tell us when you find him, shout out or something to tell us when you do."
"Alright! See you guys in a bit."
She waved at them oddly cheerfully and disappeared into the basement, presumably to look for Jack.

"Now. What do we do with him?" Techno asked Tommy.
"Let him go! A deal's a deal. We did promise Tubbo that we would let him go if he left, and I want to stick to my word. Even if Tubbo's a bitter, revenge seeking asshole who hates my guts now," said Tommy.
"Well," Techno replied, pressing the blunt edge of his blade harder against Ranboo's throat, "we never said we would let him go, really, just not kill him..."
Tommy sighed exasperatedly.
"Stop finding fucking loopholes in everything for once, and let him go. There's no harm in freeing him, and even if he doesn't think so himself, Ranboo is still my friend."
Ranboo stared at Tommy with glossy eyes and smiled weakly, still sweating due to the blade being pressed against his throat.
"Well, let's ask the others then. See what they think," Techno decided. "Go get them."
Tommy rolled his eyes and headed upstairs, which was where he assumed Quackity and Wilbur were. They'd been spending a lot of time upstairs in Wilbur's room for some reason but Tommy wasn't too bothered about the reasons- it wasn't his business to get into.

"Quackity! Wilbur!" he called out. There was a thump and after a minute or so, a door opened and Wilbur came out, pulling Quackity with one hand and doing his top button up with the other.
"Yes?" he said, giggling and looking at Quackity, blushing.
Bit suspicious, Tommy thought, but dismissed that thought.
"Techno wants everyone downstairs now to discuss something. Do you know where Phil is?"
"Heh... no, I don't know where anyone else is, sorry Toms."
Quackity, behind Wilbur, smiled and conceded, "Yeah, honestly I have no idea either."
"Oh," said Tommy, a little disappointed. "Well, hopefully I'll be able to find him."
They set off downstairs just to find that Phil had already come to where Techno was, and was in fact waiting for them.

"Hey, kids," Phil said, waving.
"Alright, now everyone's here," Techno started, "we're gonna vote on something. What do we do with the tall zombie kid?"
"His name is Ranboo!" said Tommy indignantly, but Techno ignored him.
"Do we keep him for blackmail or do we let him go?" Techno continued.
"Keep him!" chimed in Wilbur.
Ranboo began to sweat more profusely.
"Let's put it to a vote. Those who vote to let the tall kid go, raise your hand."
Tommy defiantly stuck his hand in the air, but deflated when he saw that nobody else had, other than Puffy, who had timidly raised her hand, but it was still not enough.
"Those who vote to keep him?"
Wilbur, Quackity, Phil and Techno's hands shot up into the air and Tommy looked down shamefully in defeat.
"Sorry, Ranboo," Tommy said. "I tried my best. I really did."
"It's okay, Tommy," Ranboo replied quietly, stuttering a little as Techno was still pressing against his patched throat.
"Can we at least tie him up or something? I don't like you putting that knife against his throat, it's way too risky," said Tommy, still trying to ensure Ranboo was alright.
"Ugh. Fine. Wilbur, go get the rope," Techno said, rolling his eyes. "Tommy and his fucking 'friends'. One day, you see, one day you'll grow out of him and be an actual useful vampire rather than the soft, soppy one you are now. I told you. Vampires don't have friends," Techno  hissed at him.
Tommy was sort of taken aback but didn't show any sign of it. He stared coolly into Techno's orange eyes defiantly until the pink haired man muttered something under his breath about "getting too bold for his own good".
A minute later, Wilbur came back holding some rope. He dragged a chair from the dining room back to where they were and shoved Ranboo on to it, then wound the rope around his waist and hands, securing Ranboo on the chair.