0:36

today is the day she's finally returning to Korea after a week spending time working in Paris. its exciting, y/n can feel how her heart keep jumping and do a flip at the thought of meeting beomgyu in another few hours. she did message beomgyu to update him from time to time.

she takes a seat at the window side, while her manager is sitting next to her. she makes herself comfortable in the seat. theres another few more minutes before the plane boarding.

while waiting, she heard the stewardess there giving safety instructions and all but never really pay attention to everything. her mind is occupied by beomgyu only. she can't wait.

y/n leans back against her seat, already buckle up the seat belt. she takes a glance of the time on her phone, and then her gaze landed on the lockscreen wallpaper. unconciously, a small smile appeared on her lips.

its a photo of beomgyu and her during their first date𑁋 iceskating.
that memories hold a very special place on her heart, since its the very first time y/n can smile so happily with beomgyu. Also, because its simply their first date together ( with matching outfits ).

she chuckles, capturing few photos to post it in her social medias accounts, and exchanging quick short message with beomgyu.

and the she turns on the airplane mode on her phone before shutting down her phone completely. she decides that she just want to relax or sleep along all they way to Korea.

y/n averted her gaze to the window. its night, now. she can see those stars again. already sitting so comfortably on her seat. her hand rubbing the ring on her finger with an engraved initial𑁋 CBG on top of it.

" you look happy " huening kai nudged the guy beside him, wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing manner while grinning.

beomgyu chuckles, sheepishly smiling to no one in particular.
the only reason he's in a very good moor is because y/n's returning home today. they did exchanged short message earlier with y/n telling him that she's about to board. beomgyu is extremely excited, he just can't stop smiling all the time.

" of course, y/n comes back home today."

huening kai nods, understands how much beomgyu miss the girl.
what can he say? people in love.
he's happy if beomgyu's happy too.
" someone's excited huh?"

beomgyu smacks his arm, rolling his eyes. now what is this? one time beomgyu's all smiley and giggly and then why all of a sudden he becomes so aggressive?
huening kai didn't miss a beat to smack beomgyu's arm back as a return, resulting a loud wince from beomgyu.

they laughs, chatting randomly about things or sometimes regarding works .thats until huening kai averted the topic abruptly.

" oh! so how's your preparation for the marriage thingy?"

beomgyu seems suprise that huening kai asked that but he really doesn't mind so he just answers it like usual. " that? i didn't tell my parents yet. i want to tell it together with y/n."

huening kai nods his head in approval. " don't forget to invite me dummy"

beomgyu snorts, sticking out his tongue at kai. " and who says i'm going to invite you?

huening kai huffed, putting his crossed arms on his chest. he didn't take it to heart since he knows beomgyu's just being playful.

" but really beomgyu," huening kai talks again. " i'm so happy that you finally found your happiness."

a side of beomgyu's lips curved upwards at that. he feels warmth inside everytime huening kai starts to speak so softly and warmly like this.

" i know right" beomgyu chuckles lightly. " universe always had it own plans. the way i never even thinking about marrying y/n and everything started with just an arraged marriage, it's eventually turned out like this and i couldn't be more grateful."

" i'm more than grateful that y/n choose to not give up on me." beomgyu adds.

huening kai patted beomgyu's shoulder lightly. " right, but stop already. i can never get used to you being all cheesy and sappy like this."

" way to ruin the mood, kai." beomgyu scoffs, rolling his eyes.

huening kai hysterically laughs at how beomgyu's glaring at him. he  wasn't intimidated at all. he just found it funny.

" god, do you remember how dumb you used to be before? like what? hating on y/n when she wasn't at fault-"

beomgyu put a palm on huening kai's mouth to stop him from talking. while huening only giggles because he got tease the guy successfully. 

" don't mention it ever again. i'm so embarassed!"

beomgyu taps his shoes lightly on the ground, waiting patiently for the plane arrival to be announced. he's been waiting for two hours here and y/n is still nowhere to be found. not like he can't wait actually. he's just excited and all. while waiting, he keeps using his phone. checking if y/n leaves him few messages but much to his own dissapointment, theres none. so, he just listen to music instead. plugging the earpods in his ears and play a favourite song of him.

it feels odd without y/n by his side actually. he needs to get used waking up by empty space for a week. aight, call him dramatic or what but he's just in love. like, really in love. deep in love. but now that she's finally returning, beomgyu couldn't be more happier to welcome her home again.

while he's calmly listening to the music, he can also heard some footsteps getting nearer and nearer towards him. he looks up, and his eyes landed on huening kai, soobin and yeonjun. beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows, taking off the earpods and keep it back inside his pocket.

three of them looks like they were running all they way to here. their breath hitched, and thin layer of sweats forming on their foreheads. also not to mention how their faces are bright red and their eyes are...puffy?

" eh? why are you guys here? you want to meet y/n too? you don't need to run, actually. she's not here yet." beomgyu said.

" beomgyu," huening kai said, receiving a confuse look from none other than beomgyu.

" you..d-did you check your phone yet?" huening kai continues.

beomgyu shakes his head innoncently, earning small groans from the three.

" what? whats with you guys?" he questions, getting frustrated already.

" beomgyu." soobin handed the guy his phone.

although beomgyu's still curious and confused, he still take the phone from soobin and starts to read whatever is showed on the screen.

and right at the moment, beomgyu can feel how the world around him is slowly breaking apart. heart scattered into pieces, mind blank and still processing whatever the heck he reads just now. this can't be real, can't it?

" fuck.."

" beomgyu, the plane crashed. none of the passengers survive."