47 - Memories

When I opened the phone I saw the wallpaper there was a white colour table with what looked like silk cloth on top it had a candle that was starting to burn and it faded out at the edges.

  On top of the image there were white colour words that said 'Will you go on a date with me?' in cursive.

  "Lucas! Did you seriously do this!" I stared at the phone with my mouth open in shock and awe.

  "No it just appeared." Lucas replied exaggerating the sarcastic tone to make sure that I knew he was joking.

  I stared at him and the phone then repeated it again.

  "So..." Lucas cleared his throat as he reached out his one hand closer to me.

  "Will you go on a date with me Athy?" Lucas asked looking at me I could tell he was worried.

  I looked at him for a moment.

  'Am I dreaming...'

  'Theres no way he actually meant that...'

  I closed my eyes and shook my head.

  'When I opened my eye I'll just be in bed...'

  I opened my eyes slowly...

  It was real...

  He was really asking me on a date!

  I couldn't explain the amount of positive emotions I felt rushing to me all at once.

  I was even crying!

  "Yes!" I screamed hopping onto him to hug him.

  I was grinning from ear to ear.

  "Thank goodness..." Lucas sighed in relief.

  "What would you have done if I said no?" I asked getting off of him and looking at him.

  "I would've told you that the wallpaper was nice so I put it there." Lucas said like he was truly expecting me to say no.

  "So... When's the date?" I asked using the phone to open calendar and mark it down.

  "I was thinking maybe tomorrow? If you want it later it can wait too." Lucas said looking so casual.

  "Tomorrow it is!" I said with a happy tone.

  Truly inside I was bursting in joy...

  I really thought that I would have to watch him ask another girl for a date.

  I really did believe that he would come knocking on my door then ask me how to ask a girl to a date and what do girls like.

  I couldn't believe it...

  The word second chance doesn't register in my brain...

  But here he was!

  Asking me on a date!

  "Athy? Why are you crying still?" I felt Lucas thumb rub away my tears as I stared at him in awe.

  "Athy. I know I'm handsome but don't have to stare." Lucas said having his annoying smirk on his face!

  'He just had to ruin the moment!' I slapped his hand away as I regained composure and blushed.

  "Congrats!" Aunty said.

  'I completely forgot she was here!'

  "Thank you for the tip mum." Lucas said.