38 - Dream

"Athy." I looked around everything was dark...

  As in like pitch black...

  It's not like the lights are turn off where you can still see something's...

  It was just black...

  "Athy..." The voice called again...

  'Where am I?' I was standing up position, I don't even know how I'm standing up when I can't feel the floor.

  "Athy..." Again with the strange voice.

  "Who are you?" I asked looked around and not seeing anything...

  "You don't recognize the voice of your own mother!" I heard the person gasp in a sad tone.

  "Mama...?" I looked behind me...

  She was right there...

  She was right here...

  She hasn't aged a day...

  She was in her hospital clothes...

  She was smiling so bright like the sun.

  "Is it really you...?" I felt my legs start moving by themselves... Start moving to where my heart desires.

  "Of course it me! Who else would have a beauty like mine!" Mum joked as she opened her arms.

  "Mama!" I screamed regaining full control over my legs and running to her full force.

  "Ouch! I know you miss me but... Don't do that next time. It's bad for my back." Mum laughed as I tackled her down.

  "Your here! Your here! Your really here!" I cheered as I looked at her face as if, if I looked away she would disappear.

  "Yes Im here broken recorder." Mum laughed as I just looked at here with tears in my eyes.

  She would often call me or papa a broken recorder, since we tend to keep repeating the same words when we are in disbelief.

  "Why did you leave." I sat up getting of her.

  "It's not like I wanted to! The stairs were steep!" Mum half shouted as she sat up.

  "Mama... This is a dream right?" I looked at her in the eye before leaning my head on her shoulder.

  "Smart girl!" Mum said as she pinched me.

  Indeed I felt no pain...

  "So is this all a figure of my imagination or you sending a message to me as a ghost?" I asked with a sad smile...

  If only this was actually real...

  If only my brain wasn't working so I would think she's here...

  "Even if I told you this is me as a ghost I doubt you'd believe me..." Mum awkwardly said as she looked away.

  "Papa is-"

  "Dead." Mum finished my scentence but not how I want to finish it.

  "Mama please say it clearly. Do you mean he's dead dead? Or like the Papa we knew is dead?"

  "He isn't dead dead! I visited him in his sleep, I can tell... The man I love is not there... Or at least broken..." Mum said sadness was lingering in her voice.

  "What happened?" I ask curious.

  "The moment he saw me he first said "Diana" and then started running to me. But before he reached me he stopped, he stopped and turn away. He said "No your not real... Your dead!" He started walking away. I grabbed his hand to sho him 'Hey it's me!' but he shook it off! Can you believe this man! He refused to speak to me saying I was 'Fake'" Mum spoke sad and mad at the same time.