45 - Show

"So mdm how do I contact you once your phone is fixed?" The kind lady asked me.

  'Uh... I didn't plan out a plan...' I looked at Lucas who was standing beside aunty talking about something.

  "Send it to this number." I took out a pen and paper which I always carry around since... It's always good to have an extra pen and paper and wrote down Lucas's number.

  The lady took it and my broken phone wordlessly.

  "May I know how long untill it is done?" I asked hoping to get it back as soon as possible.

  "I'm not sure... I need to check the damage. I'll let you know through the number." The lady replied.

  "I see. Thank you very much!" I bowed down and went over to Lucas and aunty who were exchanging scary expressions...

  "Athy are you done?" Lucas noticed me first.

  "Yeah. We should probably go back to school... It's going to start soon." I said.

  "We won't have to attend school if everything goes according to plan." Lucas said I didn't miss his grin which meant hell is about to happen...

  'What the hell is going on...' I shook of what Lucas said as I walked beside aunty who was already getting a head start in heading back to the car.

  "Don't worry athy! My son and I have got this under control." Aunty winked at me which just made me feel more unsure...

  'I feel like they're planning some murder scheme...'

  Aunty sat at the front while me and Lucas sat at the back.

  "Why aren't you at the front seat?" I asked Lucas as aunty started driving.

  "I just needed to see your reaction clearly." Lucas said...

  'These people are definitely planning on a murder...'

  When we arrived at school I was greeted with the sound of loud sirens (Is this how you spell it?)

  'What the hell did these two people do!' My eyes widdened in shock when I saw 3 police man and 2 police women one of the women had a walkie talkie to their ear, all of the armed.

  'Should I run...?'

  One of them men was putting yellow and black tape around with the word caution.

  We could see a bunch of students. In fact I would say that was the entire school teacher included surrounding the scene.

  The remaining two men were trying to refrain the camera which were inevitable and the crowd of curious students.

  "Well you ready?" I didn't even notice Lucas got out of the car and opened the door for me. He held out his hand as if he was some prince.

  "Do I have a choice...?" I said my voice unsteady as my brain was still try to process what was going on infront of me.

  "I'm afraid not." Lucas said chuckling.

  I took his hand as I stepped out of the car my mouth parted slightly in shock.

  "This is what he deserves." Lucas said shrugging his shoulders like what's happening infront of us is no big deal!

  'Who's he? Whoever this is for this is still... Excessive!'

  I faintly made out some figures...

  Two other officers appeared with someone else.

  I squinted my eyes trying to make out who it was when there was a bunch of people blocking me.

  'Andrew...?' My eyes widdened as I felt my jaw drop.

  'This... All for Andrew... I get that he wasn't a good person. In fact he was a jerk but... THIS... It's still so much!' I couldn't believe what these two masterminds standing beside me did...

  'Wait... What about.... Denise...?' I tore my eyes off Andrew and looked around for a red head.

  As if on cue she joined the crowd.

  I saw how her eyes watered as she covered her mouth in shock...

  'Even if he was a jerk... He's still her brother...' I couldn't help but pity Denise who looked like she just had a part of her ripped away.

  I tugged on Lucas sleeve and pointed at Denise.

  "If your worried about her we can go talk to her." Lucas said then suddenly kiel's word's struck me.

  Denise likes Lucas...

  "Can I go meet her alone..?" I asked trying to hide the fact that I would be jealous at the sight of Lucas being an arms length from her.

  'Like hell am I going to let Lucas near her...' I know now wasn't the time to let my jealousy cloud a part of my judgement but I couldn't help it!

  "Sure...?" Lucas nodded his head but gave me an expression of pure suspicion.

  I walked over to Denise surprisingly easily considering the crowd.

  "Denise?" I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me with her eyes and nose red from crying.

  "S-Save him..." Denise suddenly dropped to the ground and started begging me.

  The crowd was to concentrated on Andrew to see what Denise was doing right now.

  "I- I know h-hes done unforgivable t-thing but please..." I've never seen Denise beg... She always looked so... Strong...

  'Why do I feel like I'm being treated as if I plotted this whole thing!'

  "I'm sorry..." I didn't feel even an ounce of guilt but I still said sorry...

  "H-He's my brother..." Denise begged as I held her arm and tried to tell her to get up.

  "Denise..."

  "You begging me is not going to change anything he's done..."

  "Actions have consequences..."

  "He didn't think straight so now this is his fate..."

  'Damn that rhymed!' I scolded my self internally for thinking that in a serious situation right now.

  "Denise I understand he's your family..."

  "But you have to understand..."

  "He's actions may have failed several times but that intention was what matters..."

  "I just hope that he learns..." I said sighing.

  Denise looked at me wordlessly and nodded looking down at the ground.

  'Why do I feel like I'm a villain here...' I turned around and walked back to Lucas who looked equally as proud as aunty.

  "Finished your talk?" Lucas asked me.

  "Yes." I replied feeling guilty even though I wasn't the one who planned this...

  "Athy, Lucas I need to go make an announcement ok?" Aunty asked not waiting for a reply and rushing into school.

  'So I guess this means early holiday?'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!
  Thank you for 4.69k+ views and 340+ votes!!! I can't believe we're almost at the end of 'What have I done?'!!!!