29 - Don't leave me

'My head hurts...' I slowly opened my eyes as my hand reached for my head trying to ease the pain.

  "You ok?" I heard a voice say.

  "I'm fine..." I said as I massaged my head with my hand.

  "Thank goodness! You scared the living day lights out of me Athy!" The very same voice spoke in a different tone.

  "Sorry to scare you like that...." I awkwardly paused due to the fact that I didn't know who the voice was from. It was familiar but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

  "Can you not recognize my voice?" The voice spoke except this time more cocky and in disbelief.

  "I want to say that it you Lucas but I'm to tired to look, and also I don't want to assume."

  "Surprise! Surprise. It's me Lucas." The voice said unimpressed and disappointed.

  "Really? So I was right! Sorry for not being uncertain..." I apologized.

  "Uh-huh..." Lucas spoke clearly still disappointed.

  "Where am I Lucas?" I tried to ignore his disappointed tone since I'll make it up to him later! Somehow....

  "Your in the nurse's office." Lucas said still disappointed.

  'He's gonna stay like this for awhile...' I sighed in my mind.

  "Where's Rose?"

  "In the principal's office."

  "Why?" I already knew why but I just wanted to confirm.

  "We're deciding if we should expel her or suspend her." Lucas said causally but was still holding that disappointed tone.

  'That's too harsh!' I immediately sat up from the sick bay's bed and regretted it as a sharp pain pierced my head.

  "Ow.." I grabbed my hair out of pure instinct.

  Thud.

  The chair right beside me fell down as Lucas got up.

  "Athy!" Lucas shouted the disappointed tone was replaced with worry and anxiousness.

  "I'm ok.... I'm ok...." I said softly as the pain subsided.

  When I lifted up my head I saw Lucas with a expression full of worry and his hands mid way reaching for me.

  "Rose's experiment isn't stable so she herself didn't even know if there might be side effects, other the instant drowsiness." Lucas said as he slowly calmed down from being worried about me. Lucas grabbed the chair and placed it in the correct position.

  "Lucas you trust me right?" I had to ask this first to use it against him.

  "What are you talking about!? Of course I trust you! I trust you with my life Athy." Lucas boldly declared. Any other time I would be a red tomato right now but my head was still in a little bit of pain.

  "Ok then don't suspend her." I said hoping Lucas would agree.

  "Ok we'll expel her then." Lucas said calmly.

  "No!" I rebutted with my voice raised which caused me to have a wave of pain hit my head.

  'Ugh this hurts....' I lowered my head baring the pain

  "Athy calm down... Right now you are in no condition to move, shout or scream." I felt a hand on my head.

  "Lucas I'm ok no need to worry." I said but as I looked up all my confidence disappeared.