32 - Denise likes Lucas?

"Food!" I screamed excited at the smell.

  I tried to getup quickly but I felt someone's hand on my shoulder telling me to stay down.

  "Don't get up so quickly! Your going to get a horrible headache!" Lucas lectured me as he moved a table over to beside the bed.

  "Oops... I forgot." I awkwardly laughed and slowly got up from lying down to sitting up.

  "What time is it?" I asked opening my noodles that were in a plastic container.

  "It's not too late it's around 9 right now."

  "That's quite late Lucas..." I said focusing on my noodles.

  "I don't mind, if it means I get to take care of you I'll stay up even untill midnight." Lucas said casually.

  'Shoot...' I felt blush creeping onto my face.

  'Why am I blushing!?! It's not flirty it's just sweet!' I lowered my head trying to hide my blush.

  "Why are you blushing Athy?" Lucas asked I didn't even have to look at his face, I already knew he was smirking.

  "I don't know." I replied weakly which was quite unlike me as usually I would deny at first though.

  "I didn't think the pill would take such a toll on you." Lucas moved closer to me and slightly lowered down.

  'He's so close right now...' any other day I would be trying to push him off or complain, but I felt too weak to do any shouting or screaming so I just stared at him and blushed.

  Lucas moved his hand closer to me which I responded by closing my eyes not really knowing what I was expecting. Lucas moved his hand under my bangs.

  "At least your not having a fever." Only when I heard that I slowly opened my eyes, being greeted with the sight of Lucas quite literally inches away from me. He was smiling softly.

Lucas took his hand away from my forehead and put it behind him.

  "What are you dazing off for?" Lucas asked grinning as he looked at my face which was entirely red.

  "You were to close..." I said softly but somehow I manged to blush harder after I finished talking. I bend down my head failing horribly at hiding my blush.

  "Shoot..." Lucas put a hand to cover his mouth.

  "What's wrong?" I asked managing to calm down from my blushing mess.

  "You just looked so cute..." Lucas said in more of a whisper. If I looked closely I would say he was blushing.

  I blushed furiously and looked away focusing on eating.

  "Ahem. Mum has already left the room and she already got all the teachers ready." Lucas said changing the topic.

  "That's good. Also what happened to Rose?" I asked skeptical making sure nothing happened to her.

  "Calm down Athy. Nothing happened to her. She only needed to do some community service which is too light." Lucas said obviously unhappy.

  "Lucas she didn't do anything..." I said slightly sulking trying to get Lucas to sympathies with me.

  "I know." Lucas replied which honestly shocked me.

  Lucas was not one to keep calm and think rationally especially when someone he cares about is involved.

  "Ho-"

Knock knock

  Someone knocked in the sick bay door which was obviously unlocked since Lucas was here.