46 - Phone

"Students and fellow staff members." Aunty who was holding a microphone and in formal attire greeted the whole crowd of students and teachers who were buzzing among themselves like busy bees.

"First I would like to thank you all for gathering here on such short notice." The crowd silenced under aunty's voice as they all turned their attention to what they have been having on their minds for the past few hours.

"I'm sure you have all witnessed the commotion that happened earlier today." Aunty said keeping a calm composure.

"The recent arrest of Andrew Lloyd one of our fellow students from Class A must have been shocking news to all of you." Aunty addressed.

'I can't believe I'm really looking at aunty... She's normally so... Casual with us...' I looked at her in awe.

"I regret to inform you that our dear student Andrew Lloyd is under arrest." Aunty stopped as if she wasn't going to explain why he got arrested which the students and teachers responded with more whispering being exchanged with one another.

"Why Andrew Lloyd has been arrested is private information that I am unable to share with you all." Aunty said calming the crowd.

"But I assure you that the students of my school are safe. There is no need to fear your safety and that is a promise."

"I do hope that this incident also reinforces the fact that this school does not tolerate rowdy and illegal behaviors, regardless of who you are if you decide to take any action I hope that now you know what consequences may await you."

"Fellow students please take this as a reassurance that your safety is guaranteed and do now be afraid to report to myself or one of our respectable teachers if there is a threat looming over your heads."

"We will make sure to settle the issue at all cost and you would not be put in harm's way."

"Due to this sudden arrest I'm sure your all a little shaken up."

"So therefore we shall postpone the exams and give all of our staff and students a 1 week holiday." Aunty said which the crowd which mainly consisted of students cheered.

"Do take this week to revise and study for you upcoming exams."

"I'm sure I can't trust my students to have the will power to score well!"

"With that I thank you all for coming to this school gathering! " Aunty said as the crowd in the hall started to disperse.

'Long? Check! '

'Wordy? Check! '

'Overstates points? Check! '

'Over estimate our willingness to study? Check! '

'Too optimistic? Check! '

'Yup! Definitely seems like a teachers speech to me...' (No offense to teachers who may read this)

I felt Lucas grab my wrist and start heading back stage.

"Lucas to by the long way! Don't just walk up on stage!" I whisper yelled at him.

"Fine..." Lucas said as we walked side by side heading towards the back stage through the long way around.

"Was this what you two were talking about on the car?" I asked Lucas.

"Yes. But I didn't even plan it she did." Lucas stopped an pointed infront of him which in this case was also pointing to aunty.

'I don't know if I should be impressed or scared...' I shook off my thoughts as aunty approached us.