28 - Sleeping pill

"Hey Athy?" A girl with dark red hair and bright green eyes approached me holding a tray that had some food on it.

'Its Rose..' I looked at Lucas and nodded slightly.

Lucas perfectly read my expression and actions, then proceeded to sigh.

I kicked his feet lightly hoping that he would just leave already.

Lucas clicked his tongue clearly annoyed with me but left anyway.

'I told Lucas to leave if Rose or Denise comes since it's always easier to get information out of them, when he's not here.'

"May I sit here?" Rose pointed at the spot with Lucas was at.

"Of course Rose!" I smiled at Rose and welcomed her with open arms.

"So what brings you to my table?" I started the conversation.

"I just wanted to get to know you more! And also..." Rose took out a notebook from her pocket and a pencil.

"May I have permission to draw you!" Rose asked bowing down her head and slightly blushing.

'Its break period.. we are supposed to be eating not doing our extracurricular activities....'

"Sure...? But why me?" I asked back.

"Well... In my book your the prettiest girl I know.." Rose fidgeted with her fingers looking down and blushing.

'Seriously why does this girl always look like she about to do a confession...'

"Aww thank you Rose! Go ahead. But just know I'm not going to stay still for an hour for you to draw."

"I would never ask that of you Athy!" Rose shook her head.

"So Rose I heard your amazing at chemistry?" Of course I have never heard anything about her I just made it up.

"Yes I love how the whole world works!" Rose said while still sketching.

"Say do you think you can make a whole new chemical?" I acted excited to make it seem like I was curious.

"I tried.... I have no idea what the effects of what I'm making is going to be.... I still need one more ingredient..." Rose was to busy sketching to notice what information she was giving.

'The sulfuric acid.... I'm sure she was waiting for Helena to give it to her..'

"Have you tried anything else before?" I continued the conversation as casually as possible.

"I've tried low-grade poison, deadly poison, sleeping drug and happy drug!" Rose said still distracted by sketching me to notice what she said.

'Rose.... I thought you were innocent...'

"Speaking of which!" Rose stopped her drawing and took out a little pill shaped container.

"Do you want to try one?" Rose said still smiling happily.

'I cant see the drug itself so I can't tell if it's poison or not!'

"Rose I can't swallow..... can I break it apart?" I asked rose cautiously taking the pill from her.

"The effectiveness would go down... But sure!" Rose still kept her smile through out the entire speech.

'Lets see.... It's not poison that's for sure... But what is it?' I barely started learning drugs before mum died so my skill in drugs was still.... Inefficient....

"Rose what does this pill do?" I asked trying not to have to risk it.

"Don't worry it doesn't do any harm! Also it's more fun when it's a surprise right?" Rose continued smiling at me.

'Well... Only one way to find out...' I gulped down the broken pill along with some water.

"So how is it?" Rose asked.

"Umm I don't feel any different..." I was starting to question the quality of the drug she made.

"Well because you broke it it might take a little while to have effect..." Rose jotted down some points for her drug on another page of her notebook.

Just then my eyes began to feel heavy like it weighted as much as a truck.

'Why am I feeling so drowsy...' I tried everything to keep my eyes open.

'I guess Rose gave me a sleeping pill....' I couldn't keep my eyes opened any longer

I collapsed...

"Athy!" A familiar voice that normally came out of that red eye lunatic screamed was the last thing I heard.

~Lucas(POV)~

'I told her I'll leave the table that doesn't mean I can't stand watch right?' I leaned a the wall it was far away from Athy so she wouldn't spot me but close enough for me to know what was going on.

'Seriously! I don't get why she had to shoo me away from the table...' I sulked in the corner.

'Rose is giving something to athy?'

'I guess Athy doesn't know what it is judging from her expression...'

'Athy broke it? Wait a minute it looks like... A pill...' my senses were immediately alerted.

'She looks like she's about to eat it... I can guess that it's not poison but since Athy has a very unsure look on her face it's some drug she doesn't know about!' I slowly started moving closer to the table just in case anything gone wrong and I needed to help.

'It seems to have done.... Nothing?' I let out a sigh of relief...

'Shoot! I spoke to soon!' I saw Athy nodding off falling asleep.

'Shes going to fall of the stupid bench at this rate.' instinctively I walked faster and faster till the point where I was running.

"Athy!" I caught her just before her head hit the ground.

'This little hypocrite!' I looked over at Rose who seemed to be equally shocked.

"What did you do Rose?" I growled at Rose. If my hands were not supporting Athy from going head first into the floor right now it would be at Rose's face.

"I don't get it! I only gave her something that would make her happy!" Rose said innocently.

"Even if it was a happy pill did you not account for the fact she might get addicted?" I was furious with the red head in front of me.

"I-I-I" Rose stammered on her words.

'Calm down Lucas.... Now's not the time to be mad.... Athy is your first priority right now.... So calm down...' I breathed in and out.

"Rose this isn't over." I glared at Rose before lifting Athy bridal style towards the nurse's office.

'Athy please be alright...'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!!!
How are all of you doing? I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you for 2.4k+ views and 200+ votes!!! I'll see you all in the next chapter!