Happy moments, Broken Hearts

Chase arrived an hour later. Jake and I decided that I would tell him, I owed him that after all. Jake went out and left us to talk. “Chase can we sit for a bit” I muttered. He looked me over cautiously as he sat down. I sat next to him and tried to find the words, god this was so much harder than I thought.

“Chase….umm look it’s just easier for me to spit It out ok” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as he held my hand.  “Chase im pregnant we found out yesterday”. I couldn’t look at him, I felt him let go of my hand and I was so scared to open my eyes. I looked up at him and my heart broke, I tear rolled down his face as he tried to look away.

“So there really is no chance for us now” he muttered. My heart broke, he was still waiting for me, and he still liked me. “Chase im so sorry I didn’t plan this at all, but I love Jake I do, im just so sorry im hurting you”. Chase jumped up and paced the lounge room “No this isn’t right, your meant to be mine, we’re meant to be together this isn’t fair. Did you not care about me at all? I thought that you would come back to me”.

Tears poured down my face, he looked so broken and hurt and I did that to him. He looked over at me and the pain in his eyes was just too much, before I knew it everything went black.

I awoke to an annoying beeping sound but I couldn’t move my arm to shut it up. Someone was holding my hand and I just couldn’t open my eyes to see who. There was murmuring all around me but I couldn’t tell who was talking or what they were saying. After a few minutes my head cleared a little bit and I could finally slowly open my eyes.  I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital bed. Jake held my left hand while Chase was on my right side holding my other hand, they both looked like they had been crying. I slowly squeezed my hand and both boys shot up and looked up at me. Jake pressed a button and suddenly a doctor was before me.

“Miss White do you know where you are?”

“In a hospital I think” my voice came out horse and dry. Chase held a cup to my mouth and helped me drink it. My throat felt better already, I smiled over at him “Thank you”, and he nodded and held my hand tight.

“Umm why am I here I don’t really remember anything before last night” I murmured.

“Well Miss White you passed out 3days ago and as you fainted you fell and hit your head on the coffee table, which gave you a concussion”. I gasped I had been out of it for 3 days. Suddenly everything came back to me “The baby is it ok” I asked shaking. The doctor looked over my chart “Yes the baby is fine, though you are very lucky, for the next few weeks you’re going to have to be careful, no lifting anything and in low pressure situations ok”.

The doctor left and everyone was quiet, the tension in the room was horrible. Jake was staring at Chase his face filled with anger. “Jake baby can you give us 2 minutes please” he didn’t move and I felt horrible for asking him, I looked over at him and gave him a small smile. He got up and left finally and I looked to Chase “Becca im so sorry what happened I shouldn’t have said anything, im so so sorry” his voice was cracked as the tears fell down his face.

“Chase you told me the truth and I needed to hear it, the truth is I love Jake so much but there is still a part of me that cares for you deeply. I love Jake and we are having a family, I want you to be a part of our family always just not the roll that you would like”.

Chase kissed my cheek softly “I can’t wait to be an uncle, im going to be the best uncle ever. I love you and I always will, and I will take you how ever I can have you, I will be the best friend you ever had”. He smiled up at me and I wiped the tear from my face.

“Anyway im glad you’re ok and im gonna go get Jake he hasn’t left your side in 3days” I nodded and he was gone only to be replaced by Jake. He sat next to me quietly and took my hand “Do you still care for Chase” I nodded slowly “Of course I do Jake those feelings won’t just disappear but I love you so much, more than anything and I want to be with you”. Jake looked sad as he rubbed my hand “I need some time to think about that, Im not leaving you, but im not sure if I am ok with you still having feelings for Chase no matter how small they are…”, he stood up and left the room. Suddenly I was all alone again, I placed my hand on my tummy as I cried softly. How did everything get so messed up 3days ago we were so happy, now I don’t even no if Jake wants me.