Chapter 12: Chat

H POV
I splashed my face with water and looked at myself in the mirror of my bathroom. My eyes were still slightly swollen but at least I wasn't a snotty mess anymore. I walked into my living room quickly, feeling slightly embarrassed by my hysterical crying.

Naruto sat on my couch watching some sort of crime drama. Shirtless because well, wet and slimy wasn't a fashion trend.

I wonder if the washing machine could save the shirt.

" Um... hi" I said approaching the couch. It was all I could think to say after that crazy episode in the hallway. I was such a cry baby.

He looked up at me from the couch and gave me a reassuring smile. " Don't you go and be all awkward now. You're not the first girl to cry on me as weird as that sounds. It's fine." he said.

He read me like a book.

I gave him an awkward grin and nodded my head..

He then patted the spot next to him, " Sit."

I obeyed. We both sat their watching the TV in silence for many minutes.

I wasn't sure what to say.

There was so many questions and emotions in my head yet, just trying to form words right now was difficult for me. Part of me wished we could stay in silence like this, but I was worried about him too.

He never came to visit me before in fact i was surprised he remembered where my apartment was.

" So you're not gonna tell me what happened" he said still looking at the screen.

Oh no. I wasn't going to allow myself to be the only one ranting this time. Too many times has he sat their with his own troubles, and yet not making one ounce of an effort to tell me his issues.

" How about you? You were waiting outside my condo. Why? " I replied.

I scooted closer to him and brought my knees into my chest.

He sucked his teeth and rested the back of his head against my couch.

He was obviously irritated.

" I asked you first. I'm a guy you know we don't like talking about our feelings."

" But you came to my home" I argued. " You must have had a reason too right?"

He was silent. The good old silent treatment. I see how he was going to play. He'd listen to all my issues and  the moment I ask him to do the same he'd shut me out.

I stood up catching his attention.

" You want some wine? I have some in my fridge" I offered.

Maybe a drink would relax him?

" Hoping to loosen me up so I will tell you ? Nice try girly" he said blankly.

I frowned at him. Now I was becoming irritated.

" There's something obviously on your mind. Why come over here if your not going to even speak to me. I'm worried about you. Aren't we friends?" I said storming off into the kitchen.

I ripped the fridge open and began pouring my self a glass of wine.

All I wanted was to help him, why was he being so difficult?

Why didn't he trust me like I did him?

I let out a sigh after sipping my wine. Of course he didn't trust me, we hadn't known each other that long.

Maybe I was the only one who felt that they could take off their mask completely in this friendship right now.

That's right calm down Hinata, you're emotional.