Chapter 25 : Free

N POV

The car ride consisted of the girls chatting amongst themselves while, Kiba and I went back and forth with insults. The only thing he and I had in common was a our equal disgust for each other, I couldn't understand why Hinata wanted to be with someone like that.

Where was this nice side she was talking about? because all I saw was an incredibly hairy man baby who was throwing a tantrum because I looked at his favorite toy.

Hinata's friend Shino was pretty cool though. Some how he managed to drown everyone else out and was on his phone the whole car ride.

The festival was just as I remembered it. The bright flickering flames of the blue red and gold lanterns. The smell of the food venders and the laughter and excitement from the people wandering the streets. It was such a warm atmosphere, I looked forward to it every year.

" Wow it's even more beautiful than last year."

I looked at Hinata who was completely dazed by her surroundings. I couldn't help but chuckle. Her wide eyes and open mouth as she scanned the area was too cute.

I bit the inside of my cheek.

Hey stupid the only person you're supposed to be thinking is cute is your girlfriend, who you've barely looked at all night.

I forced myself to look at Sakura, she was already smiling again as she chatted with Tenten.

There we go that's better. Oh god I was proving Kiba's point.

My attention not even seconds later was back on Hinata as Kiba took her hand and kissed it.

" Come lets go see if our locks from middle school are still on that fence" he said.

He then looked over his shoulder and called out to Shino. " Aye Shino you coming?"

He shrugged his shoulder and joined them.

As Hinata was being pulled away she made eye contact with me.

" Let's all meet back here in 10" she yelled.

I nodded and gave her a big thumbs up. She meekly smiled in response and waved.

Kiba pulled her hand down and I didn't have to be there to know he told her not to wave at me.

I sighed.

I felt disappointed.

I didn't understand why I felt such an urge to cling to Hinata all of a sudden.

Maybe it was because I saw her at work every other day and had to act so professional. A big part of me just wanted to chat with her about nothing and tease her like I use to.

It was like I was having withdrawals.

" Hey Naruto are you listening?"

Sakura clung to my arm and frowned at me.

" I'm sorry no I didn't hear you."

She sighed, " Tenten and I wanted to head to the gift shop."

" We need keepsakes so we can preserve this memory" Tenten said skipping towards the shop.

" Come on."

Sakura tugged me along with her. You know even though Sakura and I were a couple some how I felt like the third wheel.

We were in that shop for way too long and I was too much of a gentleman. By the end of there little I need to buy a bunch of useless junk I'm never gonna use or touch again session, my little frog wallet looked like it went on a keto diet.