Chapter 11: Heartbreak

H POV
I was running around my condo like a mad woman. Flipping over furniture ripping open drawers and throwing my clothes around. Where in the hell was my wallet? What sucked even more was that today was supposed to be my first day back to work as the new Hinata. I got up early and had time to make breakfast and everything. The only thing holding me back was my wallet.

I couldn't remember where I placed it. Now I had to call my bank and get them to freeze my accounts.

What a horrible start to the day.

Giving up I grab my keys and headed out the door to work, with a promise to clean my mess up later.

No breakfast for me I guess.

My thoughts then went to Tenten. Poor thing probably wasn't coming in today because of her stitches. Such a great day together, watching tv, and gossiping turned into a horror film when she decided to make dinner.

I told her I could do it myself, but she was determined to show off her skills and sliced her forearm open.

What was I going to do with that girl.

I made a mental note to call her and check up on her later.

Hey you know what they say, the best way to get over one man is to get under another.

I shook my head remembering her words. I couldn't believe I agreed to that and I was sober.

We were actually suppose to be going out tonight to follow through with her plans, but I guess it was a sign from the heavens that maybe we shouldn't when she injured herself.

People really do that huh? Sleep around for fun. To unwind. Like taking a yoga class or having a glass of wine before bed?

Now Kiba was floating around in my head. He had been blowing up my phone. He must have finally gotten the hint because i hadn't heard from him in a few days. I hated to admit it but I did miss him. I think this was the longest we went with out talking to each other.

Was this it?

Were we over?

Did he go out and start doing some unwinding with other women?

The honking from the car behind me brought me back to my senses.

Great I stopped at a green light.

Nope I wouldn't allow myself to sink back into depression.

Today was change day.

Once I arrived at work I felt anxiety begin to bubble up at the pit of my stomach.

Man was suppressing that hard.

I walked in with my head up and the best smile I could muster.

I greeted people making eye contact and tried my hardest not to stutter.

I even said hello to the office bitch.

" Good morning Karin" I said walking past her desk. She looked at me like I was gum at the bottom of her shoe. This woman hated anything with boobs that worked here. She was the bosses assistant and the rumor was that she's hopelessly in love with the him and didn't want any women getting close to him.

I unfortunately was the boss's favorite punching bag since I was pretty spineless. Me leaving in and out of his office all the time must have drove her crazy.

" Hyuga well aren't you chipper this morning" she responded sarcastically.

" Well it's a beautiful day outside how could I not be" I said passing by her. Then to stir the pot just a little more I stopped a few steps away from her.