Dimming Eyes.

CHAPTER 16

"Harry!"
I kept walking.
"Harry!"
I didn't even slow down.
"Harrious Amyntas! get your ass here... now."
The hairs on the back of my nick raised at the sound of my middle name and I walked back reluctantly.
"What is the matter with you? Huh?Look at me!" She grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at her. She is much shorter than me so that ment looking down.

"Mom st-"

"We are this close to going to war and you are be so rude to those who wish to help."
I stared down unable to meet her gaze.
"So I guess you've heard" she said
" I won't do it." I said pulling her hand from my face.
"Why! You have yet to see her! She is gorgeous Harry...and not to mention her father has offered 50,000 soldiers to our disposal."
"I don't care I have no desire to be married." I ran fingered through my hair in frustration.
"What's wrong with being married huh son? It's amazing I swear to you. Always having a person at your side. like a best friend....not to mention you may lay with them whenever you feel..." she smiled
I blushed bright red.
"Mom.." I coverred my face. I can't believe she said that.
"What?! I want grandchildren Wouldn't it be nice to feel it for the first time?"
I blushed some more.

The first time?...

I wasn't about to tell my mother I wasn't a virgin.
"I don't care about that stuff mom."
She tilted her head curiously.
"What do you mean you don't as a young man you must...Is there another?" She said.
her wide eyes like mine.
"No mom that's ridiculous...I haven't .."
"Yes there is." She grabbed my jaw again dispute my effort to snatch away twice
I hate lieing to her I'm no good at it.
" You never tell me things anymore... You could have told me..Was it more than one" she looked sad
I felt like a tomato.
"Yes" I stared at the cracks in the floor and the intricate marble that lined the walls.
"Well I guess you are your fathers child..."
I jerked away from her and took a few steps back.

"Don't ever compare me to him" I said in a low threatening voice.

She went and sat on the marble of the fountain we were near... she swiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry mom...I.." I felt like I might cry too, simply because my mom was crying.

Seeing the women you love cry is agony, and I seem to always be the cause.

"Did you love any of them" she asked straightening her vail.

"Yes" I could see Hari in my head.
"You will love this one as well."
"Mother no! I Don't care, you can't just sell me off to this girl like a hoard of damn cattle!"
"Why didn't anyone ask me if I wanted to this!"
"We tried! You wouldn't take to any of the young ladys"
"Ladys? You mean those giggling doped up dewy eyed bitches with barely any clothes on?"
She slapped me across the face.
I just stood and stared at her, shakeing
"You will watch how you speak to me" she said her eyes shining.
"Don't curse at your mother Harrious, don't hit the boy his anger is understandable."

"So if you understand why do you want me to marry anyone at all." I said trying to keep calm from my parents.

"Sometimes a man must give up something for the greater good. It's your job as a prince to way your options and chose what's best for more then just yourself. The general will only give us the soldiers needed if you marry his oldest daughter." Father talked with his hands and his brown eyes were apologetic.
"It's the way this is son..."

"Let me talk to him! I can persuade the old man- I -I don't want to do this" My voice broke and I felt like a kid again as my mother pulled me into her bosom.

She reassured me of her beauty and her sweetness..

They don't know about her...not like I do. not like Hari does