Chapter Thirteen

~♤Aces PoV♤~

I blinked the grogginess out of my eyes and readjusted my position on my bed. I could already tell that I was still in Mason's house. Honestly, everything that happened yesterday seemed like some long fever dream. I stretched and decided to go out and see what Mason was doing, not without grabbing Bean to take with, of course. He was sitting at the kitchen counter on his laptop and quickly noticed me entering the room.

"Good morning, Ace. You're up early today." Mason seemed like he was producing sunlight by how bright his mood was. "Are you going to stay here today?"

"Yeah, I guess. I don't have anything else going on really." I grumbled. Seeing him grin anymore would hurt me mentally. It's too early to be this happy.

"Great! After you get some breakfast we can discuss rules. That is, if you still want to do cgl."

I didn't hate it, but I don't know if I would call it enjoyable. It really was like he told me to color pages and that's it. I was curious what else there could be to it since it seemed so boring. But then again, he brought up rules. If you couldn't tell already, I don't like rules. I'll go along with it for now though.

After some pancakes we sat on the couch and Mason got some paper and a pen. "Okay, let's work out some guidelines, rewards and punishments."

"Woah, punishments? Don't you think that's a little harsh?"

"That's the point of punishments Ace, so that you don't break rules." Mason gave me a pointed look. "I'll be more lenient on rule breaking since you're just getting into this. The first rule I'm putting down is no cursing."

"What!? That's ridiculous!" I grew up around bad language to the point that I can't convey my feelings as strongly as I want to without it.

"Bad words are for big kids and while you're trying to shift into a younger mental age you can blur the lines or have a lot more trouble with it. You can curse, but it has to be barely any." He smiled. Wow did I feel patronized.

"I'll only do it if I get something for it." I folded my arms across my chest.

"Sure, we can talk about rewards later."

We went over rules and rewards and punishments. The whole thing made me tired and it was barely after 12 am. This was how the list went.

1. No (minimal) cussing.
3. No alcohol without permission (definitely not fair).
2. Bedtime is 11:00 unless discussed otherwise.
3. Listen/be respectful to others when they speak.
4. Be honest and don't keep secrets.
5. Tell someone if you feel sad or upset about something.
6. Respect and love yourself ♡

~Rewards~
•Extra sweets
•More toys/activity items
•Later bedtime
•Special/extended playtime (still not convinced that isn't kinky)
•Planned outings

~Punishments~
•Time out
•No snack for the day
•Early bedtime
•Delayed/Cancelled outings
•Play time is shortened

I was more upset about compromising on punishments than rewards for obvious reasons. Those punishments sound like the suck ass.

"So what should I call you?" I asked the question I've been wanting to know the answer to. Sure, it was awkward, but I wanted to know.

"Anything you want. You can call me Mason or any sort of synonym of dad I guess." I could tell he was blushing from the embarrassment. I'm sure he felt the same amount of, if not more, awkwardness.

"Okay." I said, hoping it would help lessen the tension.

Mason told me to wait as he went and got something. He came back with a box and gave it to me. He sat and watched me with a big grin. He seemed like a bigger kid than I was. I opened the box to see a blue, purple, and white with pink pacifiers.

"You can just try one and see what you think. It could help or you could hate it. Just try it, please?" Scratch the kid thing, Mason is more like a dog. An attention starved, overexcited dog. This was the point where I felt weird again and apparently he caught onto that too.

"I promise, no more surprises or new things for the rest of the day." He raised his hand up like some sort of boy scout. I guess... it wouldn't be the strangest thing I've done, but it's still up there. "Well, I guess I'll leave you to process and do whatever. I have to type something up so I'll be in my room if you need anything."

I laid on the couch and squeezed Bean. All of this still made me feel a little uneasy. I started thinking too much about what Mason was thinking. I hate feeling like I can't relax around anyone because I'm so afraid of being pushed away. And I know it's not right of me to wish he could fix it, I can't rely on other people to solve my problems. He's so nice though, maybe it really would help if I told him how I feel. I just can't right now.

Eli messaged me asking where I was. I told him I was staying at Mason's house and I didn't know how long it would be. I blushed when he asked if we banged and was tempted to threaten him with violence but resisted. There's no way in hell Mason and I could be like that.

When I went to bed I saw the pacifiers on the bedside table. I picked one up and stared at it. It was embarrassing that I actually wanted to use it. A knock at the door made me jump and frantically shove them in the drawer. "Yes?" I yelped.

"I just wanted to say goodnight. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I thought about taking a pacifier out again, but decided I could think about it later. How can people do this and not get embarrassed? Kudos to them.
♡~♡~♡~♡~♡