Chapter Eight

~♤Aces PoV♡~

I sighed and blinked the sleep out of my eyes. I went to turn over, but was stopped by something. It took a second to realize that the mass beside me was actually Eli. He moaned and stirred.

"Ace..." Eli mumbled.

"Y-yeah?"

"Sorry... Jeremy came home with someone... last night." He sat up and yawned. I found out yesterday that Jeremy is straight, Brian is gay, and Cameron is bi. Good news for me I guess. I'm just kidding. Of course he's attractive, but I can't imagine dating someone that attractive. It would totally destroy my ego.

Eli told me later that I'd be able to meet his friend and see if I can get that bar job. All of his roommates were pretty cool and it made me kind of inspired seeing the life they made for themselves and the way they talked about their jobs. They all worked at places they wanted, even Eli was satisfied at the cafe. I wanted a place where I could be happy working there and get paid. I don't know what that would be since I don't have any special talents I could put to use or hobbies that I especially love. At least with cleaning I won't constantly encounter annoying assholes who think they're better than me.

You can bet I still flirted with Cameron. He wasn't interested in the slightest, or at least if he was he didn't show it. It didn't bother me, I just did it for fun. We all had breakfast made by Brian, who was a great cook. He made the best omelet I've ever had. Afterward, Eli and I went to his friend's bar and we chatted for a while. Eventually we actually started talking about the job and it didn't take long for him to decide to hire me. Allen, the owner of the bar, took a liking to me quickly when I made a joke about stripping off a broom handle like a pole. It was a stupid joke, but he seemed to think it was funny.

We got along well and I hoped that I could help with issues in the future. Allen seemed like the type of guy who would have your back if you made a mistake. Not like that's bad for other people, Allen is honest and smart and wouldn't defend someone if they were in the wrong. I liked that about him. I felt like grinning every time I saw him since he always had a girl on his arm with a skimpy outfit and a fluffy shawl. She was really attractive. I wonder if I could pull off that look. I'm not as curvy as her or any other woman, but my ass would look amazing in those panties.

It's been a while since I thought about Mason. I'm not really mad about our argument anymore. What I did was kind of stupid, but I still stand by the fact that somebody should have taught that woman a lesson sooner or later. I just decided to do it. If Mason went all parent on me and asked me if I thought I was wrong, I'd lie. I wouldn't start up another fight just because he thinks it's okay for middle aged women to treat other people like servants.

Maybe one day I can move from janitor to pole dancer. I'd love to learn some moves.

I think that working here will be good for me.
♡~♡~♡~♡~♡