Chapter Nineteen

~♤Aces PoV♤~

I sat at the table as Mason got some drinks. We set up a time where we would meet at a coffee place near us and now we're waiting for his friends to get here.

"What the hell is this?" I asked as he set down a 12 oz. In front of me.

"You don't need the caffeine Ace, trust me. I want them to like you when you're yourself and that in itself is difficult." He sat next to me.

"Asshole."

"You prove my point. Also watch your language." Mason sighed.

Just because you can function on a tiny cup of coffee doesn't mean I can. If I'm in a coffee shop I'm getting a huge coffee to fill the empty space where my soul would be if I had one. I need my caramel white mocha frappe or I might smack someone.

"Hey Jack!"

I looked up and saw a blur of purple before focusing on the person sitting in front of me. 'Jack' had dark purple hair that was pushed back and pale skin. The first thing hard to miss was his hair, the second was how fucking tall he was. I know I'm not that tall but this guy is a giant. Mason is a few inches taller than me and I still consider him tall.

"Hey Mason. And Ace right? Nice to meet you." He said with a smooth voice. I think I'm attracted to this person but I don't really want to be.

"Where's El?"

"Ah, we came together. El will be here in a sec." El? Who the hell is El? Ah they must be Jack's little. Must be nice.

"Hi!" A woman came up to the table, "sorry, I forgot my phone in the car. You must be Ace, I'm Elise." She smiled and held out her hand.

El... as in Elise. I didn't expect it to be a girl, but alright. I shook her hand and looked between the two. They looked like a mismatched couple. One looked like a hot model jock and the other looked like a quiet librarian type. Elise had straight, long, dark brown hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a black dress with some sort of belt around her waist. In all honesty, she was hot.

"I'll go get us something. Jack, what are you going to get? You probably shouldn't get anything that'll upset your stomach." Elise said.

"I know, I know. I'll just get a hot cocoa or something please. Thanks."

It was weird that if I hadn't known before I wouldn't have guessed they were into cgl. I mean, I guess that's kind of the point but Mason and I compared to them? The difference was obvious.

"So how's your music going?" Mason chatted energetically.

"Pretty well. El told me she had you listen to my last one."

"It was really good!" Mason looked at me, "Jack makes electronic music and it's insanely good. He's very talented."

Jack flushed a little and thanked him. Not the type of thing I'd expect from a guy like him but looks can be deceiving. Making music must be hard too. I can barely color inside the lines of a coloring book and he's creating music in his free time.

"Oh, are you talking about Jack's music? You should listen to it sometime, Ace." Elise set down their drinks before taking the seat beside Jack.

"Yeah I'm interested." I smiled. I wasn't lying I was simply exaggerating my expressions so that they didn't think I didn't give a crap. See? I'm a good person.

"By the way, I like what you did with your hair. When did that happen?" Mason's so good at conversation it scares me sometimes. How can you change the topic so smoothly? The entire concept of small talk is terrifying to me.