Chapter Six

~♤Masons PoV♤~

How can an adult be so immature? Ace doesn't try at all. He's lazy, childish, irritating, completely irresponsible, and obviously doesn't pay attention to his own health and needs. I know that I'm used to taking care of people and having them lean on me almost completely, but they were actually doing it for a reason.

I am a caregiver. Most of the people I've been in relationships with have been littles. Basically, their mental age regresses sometimes to a younger self and I care for them and make sure they're safe. I like doing this because it feels good to have someone lean on me. It helps them with issues like childhood trauma or just because they like being in little space. I've always hated bringing cg/l up to someone who doesn't know about it and have them ask, 'oh so you want me to call you daddy when we have sex?' Nothing about my cg/l relationships are sexual. I do it purely for emotional support.

Not that Ace would ever do anything like that. He already has the mentality of a child and still manages to barely function as an adult. He's a brat. I don't deal with brats. Especially not ones that treat me like crap.

I shook my head and went to make myself some coffee. I was way too heated over someone who I barely knew. I shouldn't waste my energy on him. I had work to focus on and other more important things. I sat at my desk and continued writing a document. I mainly work from home, writing up documents and such and sometimes go into work for meetings and similar cases. I work at a bar every other weekend too. I'm very responsible and self-disciplined so it isn't hard for me to get work done. I like my job and I'm decent at it. Unlike some child I know. Not again Mason! Focus!

I wasn't worried about him. He was doing fine before I met him, he'll be fine now. I went back to my document. By the time I could focus and get my mind on track, my phone rang. I let out an irritated sigh and picked it up.

"Hello, this is Mason." I put on my professional voice.

"Hiya Mason! How are you doing?" Eli greeted.

"I'm doing alright. What are you calling for?" I tried not to sound too angry. Something I'm sure Ace wouldn't be able to do. Putting that aside, Eli's voice turned more serious. "What happened with you and Ace?"

"What? How did you know something happened?" I thought about Ace finding Eli and complaining, making up ridiculous exaggerations.

"I happened to see him on the street the other day. He told me you two had an argument. I knew you were upset, but enough to kick him out? That's cold Mason." He clicked his tongue in disapproval.

"Oh, is that what he told you!?" I knew it. Making up things to make me look like the bad guy. What a child.

"Jeez calm down! I was kidding! What's your relationship with him anyways? Are you dating? Is he your little?" Eli sounded happy as ever. I felt a little guilty.

I was embarrassed by my reaction to his words but brushed it off. "Neither." I responded. I can't imagine dating someone like Ace. He's practically a delinquent.

"Aww what a shame. Ace is cute! He's such a badass it's adorable. I totally would have thought you'd have tamed him." Eli gushed, "does that mean I can take him?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. I wish he wouldn't talk to me like that. I don't have anything to do with Ace anymore. "You don't have to 'take' anything. Ace was never mine. Now if that's all, I have work to do."

Eli sighed and said goodbye before hanging up.

I just want Ace out of my head. Why do I feel so guilty?
♡~♡~♡~♡~♡