Chapter Fifteen

~♤Aces PoV♤~

Seeing Mason asleep made me feel like I was I was eavesdropping on some big secret. Okay, that doesn't make sense but still. I felt weird because I was staring at him but also because I felt oddly special. I know people have seen him asleep before, everyone has seen someone asleep at some point. I don't think I've ever seen someone look so peaceful.

I poked his cheek but got no reaction. It's not surprising he's a heavy sleeper. The perfect image of a functional adult. Speaking of adulting I remembered I had to work this week. I don't want to work but I don't really have a choice, do I. I haven't gotten fired or a warning yet so I don't want to throw it all away yet just because I don't want to do work. Maybe I'll slip that in somewhere when I talk to Mason and he'll say he's proud or something.

I decided to poke at his face some more because I was bored. Mason had all the things I didn't and it made me mad. Nice jawline, no cheek fat, everything's proportional, shiny teeth. What an ideal man. I hate him. It's like he was dealt all the good cards in life. Ugh his face is so slappable. As much as I want to test it, I'm not going to.

I like being in little space. It's like a big fuzzy blanket bundled around your brain. Like being in a warm hug. I knew Mason was happy. It was hard not to see him smiling like an idiot every time I picked up a crayon. It was weird but funny. It didn't bother me much either so it was fine. Overall it was kind of nice that someone paid so much attention to me.

~♡~

I soon realized that staying up for over 13 hours with no sleep and nothing to do absolutely sucked. Usually if I needed to pull all-nighters I'd chug some energy drinks or coffee and I would be great. But of course, this guy doesn't have any energy drinks and his coffee machine is loud as fuck. I may not give a shit, but I'm decent enough to not make a ruckus when someone's sleeping. It was almost 5 am now and I was bored.

After messing around with Bean for a few minutes I decided to bug Mason. He normally gets up this early so I'm sure he won't be too upset. I went to him thinking I would just poke his face a bit but remembered something special I found a while ago. Pulling out some sticker sheets from an arts & crafts bag put an evil grin on my face. I carefully peeled off animal and dessert stickers to gently press to his face. I almost jumped out of my skin as Mason started to wake up but he just shifted a little before becoming still. I thought about completely covering his face but I'll give him mercy from my terror.

I went back to my room and a little while later heard Mason call my name. It was really hard not to laugh at his serious face that was covered in lollipops and hearts.

"Did you do this?"

"No. It was the ghost in the attic. He's pretty friendly actually." Mason sighed, stifling a smile.

"What is his name Casper?" I knew he was going to say that. What a dork.

"What do you have against stickers?"

"I'd prefer them anywhere but my face. Then again I guess it's my fault for leaving myself open for this. Still, no more stickers on me." He peeled a cat off of his cheek.

I laughed and agreed. Mason ruffled my hair and kissed the top of my head. My face flushed and I froze. Gosh I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

"I was thinking at some point I could introduce you to a little I know. Being around other littles could give you an example of it. He's really nice."

I thought about how it would be to have someone who knows what it's like and I really liked the idea of it. Not to mention I have no friends so may as well.

It was still super early which was like torture because Mason was busy getting coffee and food before setting up his computer. He made me some coffee which I downed with way too much sugar in it. I'm probably going to regret that later but that's a problem for future me.

After thinking about it I decided to forget Mason was an adult with a job and grabbed my coloring book from my room to show him the pages I've done. Surprisingly he didn't push me away and tell me to do something else, instead he stopped what he was doing. I presented the four pages I had colored in quite skillfully if I do say so myself.

"Wow you did great Ace! I think I need to get you some more colored pencils. My little artist." He ruffled my hair, beaming at me.

I've heard stuff like that before from Mason but for some reason it hit me differently this time. My insides felt light and fluttery and heat seeped into my cheeks. I had the weirdest urge to touch him. Not even in a sexual way, I just wanted to kiss him or hug him or anything. Of course instead of doing that I sped walked out of his sight, feeling my cheeks that were definitely pink. What the hell was that?? I've never experienced that itching feeling to touch someone. Sure, I've had that urge when it comes to hot guys, but this was purely, well, pure. It's probably just a little thing that will go away. There's no reason why it would stay.
♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

Hi, Solum_Solace here. Updates might be more inconsistent than usual due to personal issues but I will still be updating.

|Solum_Solace|