#7

Chapter 7

I tried moving my body but the pain made me give up quickly.

Why couldn't I just die?!

I was left nothing but to stare at Dazai next to me, hoping he was still alive. I couldn't spot if he was breathing or not, my vision was way too blurry for that. After a while I passed out again and when I woke up I felt myself moving. Somebody was carrying me so I opened my eyes. I saw nurses around me that pushed me through a hallway. The hospital probably. Further I couldn't think, because I passed out once more.

When I woke up again, I didn't feel any more pain. I sat up and looked at my arms. While moving I felt no pain at all and I wondered how this was possible. Maybe I died after all. The door opened and a nurse came inside. "Oh I see you finally woke up! How are you feeling? Is everything completely healed?" She said friendly and nodded. "How though?" I asked still confused. "Because I work with someone that has the Ability to heal you completely" Dazai said as he entered the room completely fine. "Dazai! You are alive!" I called out and jumped off the bed and to my own surprise, I wrapped my arm around his neck and hugged him.

"Woah there! I thought you hate me now" He said and laid his hands on my back. I buried my head in his cloak and shook my head a bit. "I know why you killed him now... somehow I saw it" I said. "What do you mean with see?" I looked up to him. "You warned him didn't you? You said you were the one that was going to kill me but he didn't listen. You did promise you wouldn't kill me" Surprise and confusion laid in his eyes and he nodded. "That's correct, but how did you know that?" "I saw a memory from when I was younger right before waking up. I followed my dad in a room and saw you with a few other man" A moment Dazai just looked at me till he turned his head to the nurse. "Could you call the president for me?" She nodded and left the room.

"Who is the president?" I asked and he looked back at me. "My current boss, I think you have a hidden ability. He can tell if you do or not" He replied and smiled softly, wiping a strain of my hair out of my face. I froze when I felt the touch of his hand on my cheek, and realized I was still in his arms. Suddenly I blushed and stepped back. I lowered my eyes to the ground ashamed.

Why does this keep happening?

"You fluster really easily" Dazai said amused and laughed. I turned a bit more red and turned my back to him. "That's not true" I mumbled, my heart was beating a bit faster and I was totally confused about all that was happening.

I shrugged together when I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Could it be that you liiiike me?" He said with a childish smile on his face. I shook his hand off blushing a bit harder. "Like I ever would! You are weird af sir!" I said and crossed my arms. "Hmmm alright, stay in denial" He said with a big grin on his lips. "Would you quit it already? I am not used to hugs and that stuff. It's makes me embarrassed!" I shouted and turned my back to him again. "Don't you go thinking I have a liking in you. You killed my parents after all" I could feel his grin drop out of his face. "Yeah you're right" He said and I heard the sadness in it.

I turned around again, regretting I said what I did."Okay let's never talk about this again" I said quick and tried to fake smile. "Didn't you say we are supposed to always smile?" He looked up to me and put on his usual fake smile. "You're right!" He said and turned to the door. "You wanna get some sweets and tea?" He offered and I nodded. "I am starving!"

A bit later we were sitting in a café near the hospital, enjoying our snack. "Hey Dazai-san?" he looked to me. "Mmmh?" "How did you save us?" I was really curious to know. That fall was too great for us to have survived that. "I'll keep that a secret for now" He answered and winked at me. "Ah cmon! I want to know" He shook his head and bit into his fluffy cake.

I sighted and took a sip of my tea. He is not going to tell me then... I put on my puppy eyes and looked at him. "Pleeeaseee" I said as cute as possible and he laughed. I crossed my arms disappointed and looked away. "You're cute" He chuckled and I blushed again. "I thought you only fluster when being hugged?" He teased me, because of course he noticed. "Shut up" I growled and bit into my cheese sandwich.

It was frustrating me that I kept reacting like that. It was weird and strange to me. Dazai on the opposite seemed to be enjoying it. That Bastard! I thought and took an aggressive bit out of my sandwich. He noticed and laughed. "Don't break your teeth" He said and I was ready to throw hands. Dazai grinned because he noticed THAT too. He seemed to be able to see everything.

Silence turned in and I figured that this awkward silence happens way too often. "Eh well-" I coughed and looked back at him. "What are we gonna do now?" I asked and watched him eat the last piece of his cake. He licked the powder off his fingers and for some reason a blushed again.

Ok what the hell is happening?

I saw him noticing it but he ignored it. "Well I would like you to talk to the president about you eventual ability" He replied. I pulled my eyebrows together. "Ability... you said that a couple of times now. What exactly are you talking about?" He looked surprised at me. "you don't know what abilities are?" I shook my head. "Well that's strange" He said and I rilled my eyes. "Could you just tell me please?" "Okay sorry, so abilities are something you are born with. Like a power within you. Every ability is different from each other. Mine for example is nullification. I can turn off every ability I touch" I remembered the quick fight he had with Chuuya. The weird lightings and how he fell to the ground. "Your friend has one too right?" He nodded. "He can manipulate gravity for example"

"Okay but what is my ability?" I asked and he laid his head to the right."I don't know if you have one. I am just guessing you do. Since you were able to wander around a memory from the past that wasn't just yours" I started to understand where he was going to. "So I might be able to go back in my memories? That isn't much helpful" I sighted. "No you maybe just need to know the person" Dazai replied and took a sip of his tea. "Like I said, I don't know that. Only the president will"

"The president hmm... I wonder what kind of guy he is" Dazai looked at me "Well he is very serious"

After our snack, we returned to the hospital and grabbed our stuff. Then we left and Dazai drove with me to his workplace. I looked around while I was waiting for him to return. Everyone was doing something and briefly said hello to me.

After a while I was send to a room by a nice lady and when I entered I saw Dazai sitting in front of a man with white hair. "Come meet the president!" I entered and bowed respectfully. "Good evening sir, My name is Saiko Sato, I am pleased to meet you" He nodded and pointed at the chair next to Dazai. "I am pleased aswell, please sit down"

We talked for a while and I had to tell quite some back story. But after a while he stopped me and asked for my hand. For a while he looked at it till he left it and looked at Dazai. "You were absolutely correct. Her ability seems to be the memory manipulating kind"