#17

Chapter 17

"Don't move!" Dazai said suddenly and grabbed my arm. "Someone is in the house"

I froze surprised and followed where he was looking at. His eyes were glued at the door to the hallway. "Go hide behind the curtains" He ordered and pulled me up my feet. "Dazai-" He threw me a warning look. I shut my mouth and went quick behind the curtains. I hid there with my heart beating till my throat.

Who was in the house? Thief's? Dazai said that nobody knew about this house, so who could get inside?

"Young Dazai?" The voice of an elder woman appeared. "Aunty?" He replied and footsteps of two people appeared. I looked out of the curtain and saw him stand in fron of an older lady with hat. "sweetheart, this is my Aunt, come on out its okay" Dazai said and I walk to them bowing respectfully. "I am pleased to meet you madam" I said and smiled at the older lady. She was really small and looked like a nice woman. "I heard that there were lights in this house, so I came over to see who it was. I was afraid there were thief's robbing the place, I had never expected you here. Together with such a pretty young lady! Is she you girlfriend?" I turned red and looked help searching to him. "Yeah I haven't been here since I moved out, and yes she is my partner" Dazai replied and laid an arm around me. "Oh how wonderful! We should sit for a warm cup of tea, may I prepare one?" The old lady said and Dazai nodded. "Everything is as it used to be"

She left to the kitchen and I looked irritated after her. Something is weird. I thought and felt Dazai's arm tightening around my waist. I looked up to him and his face was completely emotionless. I knew something was up.

"Be aware of that woman sweetheart, she is the devil" He said and followed the old lady.

The Devil?

I went after him and sat down around the table, where three cups stood steaming ready. "Now tell me young Dazai, what have you been doing all those years away? You have grown so much my little boy. I still remember you going till my hips! Ah what sweet times" The old lady smiled softly and took a sip of tea.

"Sweet times?" Dazai said and I could feel the bitterness in his voice. "There was nothing sweet about it" He clenched his teeth and looked at the lady. "How can you come here after all those years and call it sweet times?" He started jelling. "Na na na na, now calm down young man, sure a lot of cruel things happened, but also precious memories were born here! Don't you remember them? For example your little sister Mary?"

I startled, when Dazai grabbed the cup and threw it against the wall. "GET OUT RIGHT NOW BEFORE I'LL KILL YOU" He screamed and jumped up. "Young man calm down, or I must put you down" The older lady stood up and lifted her hand warning. "Do you want me to remind you again who is superior to you?" Small flashes of light started to run around her finger. "Your ability is futile against mine, since I am immune. Think about it boy"

My eyes widened, when Dazai fell back into his chair trembling. With his face down to his balled fists, he sank into the chair. "Seems like you need another tea, I will get you one" The old lady said and left the room. My eyes kept resting on Dazai, I wasn't able to move. I was frozen in place, watching him break under her words.

Was this the terror he went through all his childhood? Was there nobody normal? Nobody he could hug and be happy with? Did everyone just beat and abuse him? Use him and then leave him for the dogs?

I felt tears run down my cheek and finally made a move. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up on his feet. "We are leaving" I said and tried pulling him away from the table, but he stopped me. I looked confused back at him and saw him with hanging head and shoulder. "This is the only place you are save at" His voice was shaking in fear.

I never seen him scared before.

"I don't care about that, we are leaving now" I tried to drag him on his arm to the door but he snapped my hand away. "This is the only place you are save at" He repeated himself. I stopped and looked at him closely. Something wasn't right. I stepped a bit closed, took his chin and wiped the hair out of his face. His eyes were widened and glassy. Panic and Angst was written all over his expression. "Dazai-san?" "This is the only place you are safe at" He said again and I knew. He was in no right state of mind anymore. The appearance of that woman must have triggered him so badly, he isn't in this reality anymore. I knew that feeling way too well so-

I slapped him really hard. He fell backwards, so I grabbed him and stopped him from falling. He blinked and held his cheek. "What the hell?" He shouted and seemed to have snapped out of it. "We have to-" "What is going on here? Are you two fighting?" The old lady came back.

Shit!

"Eh no, not at all" I said quickly and looked to Dazai. He had his face down again and sat back to the table. I missed my chance, damn it! I thought and sat down as well. None of us said a word for a while, till the old lady broke the silence. "Did you draw all these drawings girl?" She asked me and I nodded. How was I supposed to behave myself? I'm sacred, but also I want to get him out of here!

I suddenly became nauseous, I held my hand before my mouth and looked at the tea. Was it poisoned? I quickly looked to the old lady. Was she trying to kill me? I couldn't think more and got up to run to the bathroom. I almost didn't made it and puked my whole stomach out.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" Dazai's voice appeared behind me and I wiped my mouth. "I don't know, maybe the tea is poisoned" I replied and sank to the floor. "Poisoned? Why would I do such a thing you little brat" the old lady said behind him. I shrugged together, I didn't see her there. "Well did you?" Dazai asked with a mad tone. "Careful there boy, what would it give me?" She entered the bathroom and went into her knees next to me, grabbing my chin. I tried getting her hands of me, but she was much stronger than me. "You must have caught a cold" She said and checked my temperature. "No fever hm, come drink your tea. It will make you feel better" She helped me up and walked me to the living room. I felt disgusted by her help and I was suspicious, why is she so nice to me?

Just what was she up to?