#12

Chapter 12

"Are you still there?"

"Y-es"

"Still?"

"S-still"

I kept assuring he was alive every few seconds, panic held my breath, the panic he won't reply anymore at some point.

"You still there?"

"Mmh"

"Still?"

"..."

"Dazai?"

"..."

DAZAI!" I jelled and started becoming hysteric.

"SAY SOMETHING! PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!" I shouted and tears came up my eyes. No, No! Don't be dead, don't be dead please!

I tried everything to get the ties to move just a bit, and the blindfold started moving. "DAZAI STAY WITH ME" I screamed and finally, the blindfold fell off.

Dazai laid in front of me with his eyes closed, he had a slight smile on his lips and looked like he was peacefully sleeping.

"D-Dazai...?" I starred at his chest and waited for it to move, but- It didn't. "D-Dazai...No....Please! P-Plea-" My voice broke down, I pinched my eyes together and started screaming.

"DAAAAZAAAAAAAI!"

That's when suddenly everything started spinning around me. It felt like I was being sucked out of this room, and from one moment to another, I sat at the breakfast table.

Huh? What just happened?

"We got cookies from Atsushi-kun!" Dazai said behind me and I turned around surprised. 

That's just what happened this morning! 

He walked around the table and sat back down opening the box. "Oh wow that is so nice of him!" Dazai said and grabbed a cookie.

Those are the cookies that are drugged! He can't eat it!

"DON'T!" I jelled and slapped the cookie out of his hand, before he could bite into it. "What's the matter? They are from Atsushi-kun!" He looked a bit mad at me. "I wanted to try them!" "They are drugged by crazy hat and a weird old guy!" I said and grabbed the box. "What are you talking about? Have you gone mad?" He took the box back. "Don't be such a child, call him!" I replied and grabbed the box. He didn't want to let go and starred me angry in the eye. "You are crazy or something? It clearly has his hand writing. I recognize it, and the delivery guy has brought me stuff before! I-" He was interrupted by his phone ringing.

That's right, Atsushi-kun called him!

"Pick up, it's Atsushi-kun" I said dry and he pinched his eyebrows questioning together. Dazai took out his phone and his facial expression changed to surprised. Before he took the call he looked at me.

"Yes Atsushi-kun?"

During the call he didn't stop looking at me. He confirmed that the cookies weren't from him and then just stared at me.

Did I just made his death not happen? Is this real? Or am I hallucinating?

"How did you know all of this?" He asked skeptic.

That's right, it must be extremely weird for him.

"I don't know how to explain it but- I think I went back in time somehow" I explained and he kept staring at me before he laughed. "Yeah, like that's possible"