#23

(note: I made the drawing and the girl is supposed to be Saiko)

Chapter 23 (Final Chapter)

I opened my eyes and saw the ground underneath me, I was on my knees on the bridge the night we met. My head was spinning and I felt my throat being cut off from air. The voices were about to take control and I knew I was gonna snap any moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up, that's right he was here, he did exactly this before, because I was gonna snap back then too. "Listen to me" Dazai said and tears shot up into my eyes. "I know Dazai-san...You want me to die with you" I said and the tears started running down my cheeks, as his eyes widened surprised.

"How did you know that and how do you know my name?" He stepped back and looked skeptic down to me. I smiled in pain and got up on my feet. The voices started to disappear slowly and I closed my eyes for a moment. "This will sound like I am crazy...But at this point it doesn't even matter anymore" I opened my eyes again and looked at him standing in front of me. "My ability is Memory Manipulation, and I can travel through memories, making them reality. Meaning I can even go back in time and into the future, if it contains my own memories. This is the night we met before-" I looked up to the sky and smiled. "You don't need to know that though... Just turn around and escape your tragic fate, that awaits you with me"

"For some reason I believe you..." Dazai said and I looked back down at him. "But I would like to know what exactly happened, that made you choose to come back in time and prevent us from meeting. Do I die?" For a moment I thought if it was a good idea to tell him, but then just nodded and turned my back to him. "I tried changing your fate various times, but you ended up dying every time. So please turn around and live your life"

"Hm... It sounds like you love me quite a lot" I bit my lip and felt the tears come up again. "Yeah I do..." I said and walked up to the iron bars on the bridge.

"I am curious... Did I love you back? In that future" I stopped and looked back over my shoulder. He was standing there with his head tilted to the side, closed eyes and smiling. "Because if I did then it was worth dying for" My eyes widened as I couldn't believe those words. "You see..." He looked at me. "I never loved anyone till this day, and if I loved you then for sure I died happier than I ever could without meeting you"

"S-Saiko...I....I love...y-you"

I remembered his words and tears started rolling once more. "Yeah...You told me you loved me, once right before you died" He smiled and walked up to me. "Then how am I supposed to walk away now?" He stopped right in front of me and I clenched my teeth together. "Don't you get it? You'll end up dead!" I shouted, he wasn't making any sense at all! Didn't I explain him?

"No sweetheart, I don't even know your name...You don't get it. I can't walk away from probably the only person I will ever love in my life" He said and I looked away, not wanting to hear what he was saying. "I don't want you to die! I killed you last time so please leave now" I shouted and pushed him away, turning around and making an attempt to jump, but he stopped me. "Don't do this please!" I slapped his hand away and turned around mad. "Are you dumb or something? At this point you don't even know my name! Just because you know about a possible future, you want to accept that you gonna die? That future is probably not even possible anymore, now that you are aware of it!"

For a moment he didn't say anything, before he smiled again. "Well... since you know me, you should be aware that I want to die. I stopped you just now because I want to die with you, since you gonna do it anyways. I guess you know all about it. So I wonder how it comes that you are so obsessed with saving my life. Now I just found out I will fall in love for the first time before dying and you want me to leave and continue my boring and unsatisfying life? Shouldn't you be aware about the fact that I would not leave in any scenario, after hearing all that?"