#6

Chapter 6

It was raining outside and I was running barefoot. I didn't care, I just had to run as far as possible. I couldn't believe it! He was the killer of my parents! The first person that ever understood me. Someone I promised to die with just 10 minutes ago! I felt the tears run down my cheeks and my feet hurt, but I kept running and running.

At some point I found myself on the bridge again.

I stopped and looked at the spot I met him. And I remembered why I wanted to jump in the first place. Betrayal, pain, anger... And that's when THEY came back. I screamed and went down in my knees. "NO GO AWAY" I shouted and pressed my hands against my head. I felt it come up my stomach again, crawling up my chest till my throat. Binding the air away again.

I grabbed my throat and tried breathing, but I couldn't. I had another episode.

"Saiko-chan!" I heard Dazai's voice. His face appeared in front of me. I pushed him away and fell on the ground. The missing oxygen was starting to have its effect. I gasped and tried getting up.

That's it.

No more!

I pulled all my last strength together, got up and ran towards the iron bars. With my last bits I jumped up and flew over the bars. I saw the water sparkle underneath me, as I started falling towards it.

"SAIKO-CHAAAAAN!" I heard above be and looked up. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes ripped wide open. Dazai-

Jumped.

He reached out with his hand and grabbed my jacket. Pulling me at himself. "HOLD ONTO ME" He screamed against the wind. "WHY DID YOU JUMP? YOU IDIOT!" I screamed back and he looked me in my eyes. "Because I deserve it" he said and I almost couldn't hear it. His eyes were full of regret and sorrow. He blinked and smiled. "You promised you would die with me" He said and a tear ran down his cheek.

He pressed me at himself and I looked up to the bridge, seeing it get father away the more we fell. "I am sorry" He whispered into my ear and that was right before we hit the water.

Black, everything turned back. I couldn't see a thing, I couldn't feel a thing. Was I dead? Did I finally make it? No...I don't think I would be able to think then. So where am I? I don't seem to have a body, it's just all black.

Suddenly everything turned bright and I found myself on a table together with my parents. I heard them talking about something, but I couldn't understand the words. "Mom? Dad?" I asked and got up. No response. I walked up to them and waved in front of their faces. They didn't respond. Probably they didn't see me.

Was this a memory? Or what was this? The door opened and I saw myself from a few years ago enter the room. "Hey mom look I drew this for you!" Younger me called out and gave my mother the painting. I smiled, I remembered it. I drew my mother's favorite flower. "Wow bunny, it looks so pretty!" My Mom replied and smiled at younger me. I felt a tear run down my cheek as I saw them hug.

I would give everything to hug her like this again. I heard another voice coming from a room next to us. I saw my father get up and walk out. I followed him into the room with the voices. I gasped the moment I saw WHO was there.

It was Dazai.

Him and the other men on the picture. "You are aware that one of us will have to kill you if you are caught" Dazai said and looked over to my dad. "I am aware of that, but I need to protect this city from him" My dad replied. "Well you will fail and die" Dazai leaned against the wall. "And I will probably be the one to do so" For a moment silence hung in the room, before one of the man I didn't know started talking.

"I'd say we let him do what he wants and he's got to live with what will happen" "You mean not live, besides his entire family will be killed for sure" Dazai said and looked back to my dad. "You want your precious baby daughter to die?" My father looked away "As long as you will be the one to do the job, I'll know my daughter will survive"

Again silence hung in the room.

"Just- look after her please" Dazai sighted and walked towards my dad. "I'll kill you and your wife, but I won't be a babysitter. I'll let her live and that could cost me my own life" With those words he left the room and everything turned black again.

Why was I shown this? And by who?

Suddenly I started feeling pain all over my body and I gasped. It felt like I was being sucked out if there and pain filled up my body.

I opened my eyes and all I saw was blur. I groaned in pain and blinked a couple of time. Slowly my vision started to clear and I saw the night sky above me. I turned my head to the right and saw Dazai laying passed out next to me.

Did he- save us? How? Is he dead?