#16

Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning, laying half on top of him. I yawned and stretched my body, then remembered what happened yesterday. I blushed so hard, my head almost exploded. I was so embarrassed, that I completely lost sight of all reasoning yesterday.

"But I mean really, I feel real emotions for you and- I haven't felt anything for so long, I have forgotten how it feels...I think I am falling in love with you"

His word came back in my head and I held my breath.

Did he really mean that? Or did he say it only because of the moment?

I turned my head and looked at the sleeping Dazai. He was sleeping peacefully and a smile found its way on my lips. He was dripping some salvia again, like a little baby. I wiped it away and went with my thumb over his cheek.

His skin is so soft and warm...

My eyes studied every inch of his sleeping face, memorizing it for eternity. Branding his puffy cheeks and long eyelashes into my brain. Along with the way his hair falls into his face and the color of his lips.

He is so beautiful!

Dazai moved his head and pinched his nose together in his sleep. He looked so adorable! I smiled and cuddled myself back into his arms. Why was I even embarrassed? I was in love with him and he was falling for me, what did I have to worry about? Nothing at all!

I woke up again a bit later, being woken up by Dazai, who prepared breakfast. I rubbed my eyes and sat up surprised. I didn't know he could cook at all!

"This is safe to eat?" I asked and he threw me a mad look. "I can make pancakes, it's not that hard!" He sounded so offended, so I took a bite to try and was surprised again. They were really good! "Don't judge a book by its cover" He said and crawled back inside the sheets next to me.

Since that day, things have become easier. He seemed more relaxed around the house and the atmosphere changed into a more comfortable one. We started making this our home and the time spend seemed to have made Dazai forget the cruel memories. I gave it my best every second, to fill up these walls with happy times. I wanted him to walk around here smiling. I never want to see him sad again, ever!

"You have drawn so many pictures already, there is barley any space for more down here. Maybe you should start hanging them up in the second floor?" Dazai asked, coming inside the room. I looked up from my drawing and nodded. "Yeah I thought about that too, but I wasn't sure if that would be okay for you"

He walked behind me and hugged be from the back. "Of course it's okay sweetheart, hang them up anywhere you'd like. Every single one is beautiful and precious" He said and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and turned my head, so I could look into his face. "Thank you Bunny" I said and he tilted his head to the right smiling. "You are more than welcome" he said and went to sit down next to me.

"I was thinking Dazai-san, why exactly are we hiding?" I asked, I had that question stuck in my head for long now. Somehow I couldn't believe anymore it was because he was scared. "It's for your safety" Oh yeah he said that many times already. "Yeah but are they that dangerous? Do we have to be that scared?"

He chuckled and looked me straight in the eye. "They aren't the problem, I am the one you have to be protected from" I held my breath for a second, remembering the night before we got here. He did threaten to kill me.

"If I wanted, I could annihilate the entire Port Mafia in one night, they sure aren't the reason we are here. This place is will contain me, remember me to never be like my father. Here in this house, I will never lay a finger on you" He smiled slightly "As long as we are here, you are safe. From me and anyone else" He looked away out of the window. "I can imagine you want to go back right?"

I looked at his face, the gentle smile was still on his lips, but his eyes seemed sad. I didn't want to see them sad again! I took his head into my hands and kissed his forehead softly. "I want to, but what I want most is your happiness. If you think staying here I best for you...Then we will stay here" I said and leaned my forehead against his. "I promised I would be you cage, so I will be there where you are, watching over you"

"Till the end" He said

"Till the end" I replied

Yes, till the very end Bunny. We sworn each other to be there for one another till the last breath. The last heart beat we'd share, We would die together just like we almost did. The only reason I am still alive is to take care of you and die alongside you.

"Don't move!" Dazai said suddenly and grabbed my arm. "Someone is in the house"