#4

Chapter 4

"Excuse me?" I couldn't believe I just heard that. "Would you like to stay at my place tonight?" He repeated his question. "Why would I want that?" I gave back. "Why wouldn't you?" For a second I just stared at him before I turned around and made the move to leave, but Dazai grabbed my arm. "That is of course if you want to be still alive tomorrow" I shrugged together and turned around again. "What do you mean?" "Isn't it obvious? You were taken hostage once already. They will come to get you again and I can asure you that time I won't be able to get there fast enough to save your butt"

Again I just stared at him before I growled and snipped his hand away. "I should just have jumped off that bridge!" He chuckled "Yeah probably" I looked him dead in the eye and he grinned back. "No hard feelings now! Let's go and get your stuff from your home. Where do you live?"

An hour later I found myself inside of Dazai's apartment. I packed all the essential things in two bags that I placed on the floor in front of me. "I don't have much space, so I'll make you a bed in the living room" He said while taking of his shoes, or better said kicking them in the corner next to the door.

A bit later we sat around his table with some tea. The energy was weird and I didn't know what I was supposed to say. I mean I barley knew that guy and his friend tried to kill me and now I'm in his apartment. Not to forget that he saved me from killing myself so he can kill himself with me. This was all just too absurd.

"We can use the opportunity to get to know each other" Dazai pulled me out of my thoughts. "What do you want to do?" "Hmmm... Tell me stuff that you like" He replied "You wanna know my favorite color?" He chuckled. „No, what you like to do" I thought for a moment. "I Like to draw and play guitar. Maybe cooking as well and hiking" he leaned his head onto his right hand and smiled "What do you like to draw?" he asked "Animals, people, nature. Everything basically" he gave a "hmm" from himself.

"And you? What do you like to do?" "I like to try out different ways of committing suicide" He gave back and I sighted not suprised. He leaned back and stretched his arms yawning. "I like pulling jokes on people, ruin their day or make them suffer" I looked shocked at him. "That's so evil" "Well I used to kill people, ruining someone's schedule is harmless" he fell backwards on the ground and yawned again. "Why am I even around you" I sighted and did the same. While looking up the ceiling I thought to myself He surly is weird, but he is helping me too. I guess he is kind of nice. "I am going to make pee pee" He said and got up. 

Ok never mind he is just weird

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When he came back he had a box in his hands. "Hey let's play a game" He said and sat back down. "What game?" I wasn't much into playing games. "Uno!" He pulled out the cards and placed them on the table with glowing eyes. "Hell nah! That game is terrible" I gave back and crossed my arms. "It's torture to the one loosing. I love to destroy my enemies with +2 and +4's" He mixed the cards and started giving them out. "Let's play at least one round!"

I gave in and grabbed my cards. I had 2 +2 and grinned over the edge of my seven cards. To my disappointment so did he. What is he thinking? Does he have better cards than I have? "Let's spice the game, the looser has to do something the other orders" He said and placed a blue zero on the table. "If you lose I will make you drink toilet water" I replied and placed a green zero over his. "Who is evil now?" He gave back and laid down a hold, following by a +2. I grinned and laid one of mine over his. He placed another over mine and with an even bigger smile I put another +2. 

There are only four +2 in the game, I won already and he is gonna enjoy his cup of piss water.

Dazai grinned and placed a +4 "I want green please" He said and I looked at my cards. The +2 I had is green. With an undefeatable smile I placed my last +2 card. "Eat this" I had no reaction, instead he placed a +4 over my green. "I want blue please" I looked in disbelieve at him. "No way!" I called out. "Ah and draw 18 cards" He grinned at me with the most evil expression and pointed at the card deck. "I hate you" I spit out and drew all my cards. Not a single blue one was in it. "No freaking way!!" I shouted angry and pulled another card. "Oh poor you, just tryna imagine what I'm gonna make you do" he placed a blue hold "Uno" My eyes widened and followed his hand laying down a blue 6. "I won" He smiled satisfied and I threw my cards on the table.

 "Sooo... about my price" His eyes were way too much shining for me. "I want you to cook for me the entire time you are here" he said and grinned. "You want me to- to cook?" I was confused, I expected him to tell me to eat dog shit or something. "I can't cook and you said you can. I am too lazy to go and eat out all the time. I'd prefer someone cooking for me at home" I crossed my arms "What about a paying one" He winked and gave a "Naaah" from himself. "Since you lost you have to do one thing I tell you...so..." He grinned again and I wished I could wipe that off his face. "Well okay, but you pay the suff" I said and he clapped his hands. "Deal!"

"Let's play another round" I said and grabbed the cards, I gotta win! "Are you that eager to do what I tell you to?" He said and I threw him an angry look. "I will make you drink toilet water" He chuckled. "Same idea? You are boring"

I'm gonna make you eat dog shit now

To my own disappointment I lost again.

"Well what do I make you do now?" on purpose he took his time to think. Just to make me sit on hot potatoes. "Ah! I know it. I want you to draw me! Nobody ever drew me" Again I was surprised that he didn't choose anything horrible. I suddenly felt bad for wanting to make him do nasty stuff. "Okay then give me a pen and paper" I replied with the thought of doing it extra nice. "Ah really? Oh that's so exiting!" He jumped up and left the room, just to come back a few second after with pen and paper. "Make me extra cute for the ladies" He said and sat down, placing his head in his head smiling gently. "I'll make you extra ugly" I gave back and he pulled his eyebrows together. "I want cute!" He said. "Don't move or I will make you ugly" I replied and he changed back into his first expression.

20 min later I was finally satisfied and gave him my work. "Oh my- This looks wonderful! I sure am beautiful" He hugged the picture and I had to smile. Nobody ever reacted that way to any of my drawings. "I am glad you like it" I said and he jumped up. "I love it! I am going to put it up my wall right now" I looked with big eyes up to him. "Wait really?" He nodded and left the room once more, to return with glue tape.

I watched him hanging it on the wall next to the door and somehow I felt tears come up my eyes. I quickly looked embarrassed away. I didn't want him to see how much it moved me that he hung it up.

"Beautiful!" Dazai said once more while standing in front of the drawing. Then he sat back down and grabbed the cards. "I want another drawing, lets play another round" He said and I nodded.

This time I finally won.

"Hah! Hahahah Now you gonna-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence and looked at him. He was smiling softly and his eyes were looking awaiting at me. My heart couldn't bring him to do something this awefull. "Well what is it?" He asked and laid his head to the right. "Hmmm well..." I thought for a moment. "I want you to- ehhh... " I couldn't think of anything. Nothing that would appeal to me at least. "Yeaaaah?" I looked at him and sighted. "Draw me aswell" Since I didn't know anything I chose it. "What happened to drinking toilet water? And besides you can't choose what I did before" He gave back "Well I don't know what to tell you to do"

He got up and left the room without a word. He returned with a glass of water. "I can drink toilet water, no problem" I pulled my face together disgusted. "Urgh no! Not that" He shrugged his shoulders and lifted the glass. "Oh god no! Don't drink that! Eh- Eh..Hug me. I want you to hug me!" I said fast and he looked surprised at me. "A hug? That's childish" He replied and put the glass on the table. "Buuuut if you insist" He lifted his hands up and grinned. "Wait- Oh you little- Did you plan this?" He grinned a bit bigger. "How did you even predict I'd tell you to hug me?" "I didn't but it played out well in the end" He replied and opened his arms. "I heard you want me so dearly to hug you? Come here" He sadistically grinned at me as I walked up to him.

"I should have made you eat crap" I mumbled to myself and hugged him.

To my own surprise it actually felt good. Feeling somebody's arms around me again, after all those years of rejection. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It really felt good. "You seem to really need it" I hear Dazai's voice and realize that it was kind of weird. I stepped back and blushed. "I'm- s-sorry..." I said and looked to the ground. "I didn't hug anyone in years and got- carried away" I explained myself and felt my entire face burning.

This is so embarrassing! I thought and opened my mouth, but before I could say another word I felt his arms around me again.