16

Nie and Wei were just spending time together and talking about the fun memories they made together in high school and college. Wei glanced a few times at Lan Wangji while talking to Nie. But he didn't mind that.

Nie got a bit closer to Wei, 'Hey, doesn't he look familiar?' Wei turned his face to him, 'Who?' Nie casually points his thumb to Lan Wangji, 'Like...do you remember him?' Wei looked at Wangji then back at him, 'From?' Nie back up and looked a little disappointed, he sighed. Wei looked confused, 'What?', he took a sip from his drink. Nie leaned his arm on the table, 'He went to school with us!' Wei Wuxian's eyes enlarged, and he started coughing on the liquid he just had in his mouth. Nie shot another disappointed look at him. Wei was slapping his chest and said with multiple emotions, 'What?!' 'You do remember that a teacher threw the board cleaner at me! But you don't remember your classmates!' Wei was still processing the information he should've already known. Nie shook his head a little and took his glass to his lips, 'And they call me stupid', he quickly whispered, so that Wei couldn't here.

While Nie looked down on Wei for forgetting Lan Wangji, Wei was still thinking about how he could forget something so important.

What if he gets mad if I tell him? Am I even gonna tell him? Hey, I forgot we went to school aha- LIKE NO NO NO WHAT. How could I forget I'm not even that old but like stress that makes people forget- but Nie didn't forget- how didn't he forget- his older brother is besties with Lan Wangji's brother- right- mhm- mhm- okay- right- yes- okay- so- so...

Wei put both his hands on the table, 'So...I have thought about things...and...I am an idiot.' Nie quickly turned his head to him, 'You still don't remember anything do you?' 'No!', Wei put his head on the table. 'Poor you.' He raised his head up, 'I really don't know how I could forget.' 'Well, he was quiet and always sat at the front, we sat in the back.' 'But still.' 'Well seems like a you problem', Nie wipped his hair. 'Dude!' Nie smiled at him. Wei leaned back down and let out a big sigh.

'When are we going to go? It's getting pretty late.' 'I don't know man. I think they're all sleeping at my house. So, I don't think I want to go home.' 'You can come to my house.' 'Are you gonna ask your brother again?' '...OkAy, then don't come.' Wei smiled and stretched his back, 'But I think I'll go home tho. Just need to get ready to get yelled at, you can go home.' Nie pouted, 'I don't want to leave you alone.' 'Awh, so sweet of you, but I don't mind.' 'I'll go when they're about to close.' 'Alright you little puppy.' Nie had an expression on his face that was just, "what". Wei laughed again.

There were a few minutes left until the bar closed. Nie went to talk about something with Lan Xichen and Wei went to Lan Wangji who was still standing behind the bar.

'Hey, can is still sit here?' 'Mh.' Wei sat down at the bar, 'Do you still wanna do something with me after work or are you to tired?' 'Like?' 'Mh...maybe...we could go to your place?' Lan stopped moving for a second, then he inhaled, 'Why?'

Ow, he doesn't want that?

'Well, if you want to. I mean everyone is asleep in my house- so I don't want to wake them up', he looked a little nervous, 'If you want...' Lan Wangji looked down, 'I'll finish up quickly', he walked away.

That's a yes, right...yes. Wei nodded to himself.

Nie left and Wei was waiting for Lan Wangji. After a bit Wei checked his phone. ...An hour past...HOW LONG IS THIS GONNA TAKE. After another hour past Lan walked to Wei. 'Ready.' Wei looked at him with a tired smile on his face and he got up. They walked to Wangji's car together.

When they got it, Lan asked, 'Tired?' Wei looked at him, 'A little but I'll be fine.' 'You can sleep now, it's a 20-minute drive.' Wei let out a little chuckle, 'Alright.' Lan looked at him for a bit then started the car and focused on the road.