43

"Do you miss him?" Wei Wuxian suddenly asked. It caught Lan Wangji of guard and he asked, "Miss who?" Wei Wuxian once again hid his face behind the pillow, "Your Wei Ying?"

Lan Wangji's eyes widened in surprise but that was quickly followed by a wave of emptiness. "Wei- W-," he gently said. "Do you miss him, yes or no?" Wei Wuxian interrupted him, he frowned his eyebrows and slightly raised his voice. Lan Wangji took a small step back and stuttered, "I- I'm..." He turned around and walked away. He didn't know how to answer him, he did miss their childhood, but that doesn't mean he wants that back.

Wei Wuxian's angry face turned into a blank stare as he watched him walk away. He didn't know how to get a reaction from him. He felt so frustrated and upset. Everyone around him has kept this big part of his own life hidden. A-Jie, Nie Huaisang and even Jiang Cheng!

In the end he couldn't keep all these emotions in and tears ran down his cheeks. He felt angry, angry at everyone who kept this from him but also at himself for forgetting.

After hearing Wei Wuxian's soft sobs Lan Wangji stopped walking and stood still. Do I go to him? Does he even want me to go to him? After what felt like an eternity he turned around and calmly walked up to Wei Wuxian. He hesitantly cupped his face with his hands and looked down at him with a gently expression. He wiped the stream of tears on Wei Wuxian's face away. Wei Wuxian looked up at him through his tears and asked him the same question, but this time Lan Wangji could feel all the emotion he had been holding back prior. Lan Wangji took in a deep breath and honestly answered, "I don't know." And tears kept falling down from Wei Wuxian's soft gray eyes. Lan Wangji let out a little breath and sat down next to Wei Wuxian and he carefully caressed a piece of hair behind his ear.

Wei Ying always needed more reassurance than a normal person or well like him.

"I don't know because to me you are that Wei Ying, whether you remember it or not."

"B- but do you- aren't you mad at me!" Wei Wuxian yelled at him and more tears came out. Lan Wangji pulled him into a hug, "Why would I be mad at you? It wasn't your fault." Wei Wuxian buried his face into Lan Wangji's neck.

Wei Wuxian didn't speak anymore he just let out all the tears that gave him so much weight that he had to carry around, even when he didn't know of it. Lan Wangji just kept stroking his back with his eyes close. Although he did miss their time together and he did miss that Wei Ying. The one he was holding was more than enough to forget the pain they both went through.

In all of the chaos Wen Ning had forced himself to remain quiet and not to cry.

The front doors of the vehicle opened and he could here the muffled sound of two man talking. They walked towards the back of the van and pulled the backdoors open with an even louder sound and it made him flinch. One of the man let out a little laugh and pulled Wen Ning out the van. Wen Ning let out a little noise of discomfort slip and one of the man yelled at him to shut up and he did.

They walked through and entrance of a building that felt unknown and they had to go up a flight of stairs. It was hard for Wen Ning to walk without seeing anything, so the two man practically dragged him up the stairs. Wen Ning was way to scared to asked the two man to slow down, since he felt like he would get yelled at again or even worse things would happen. As they reached the top of the stairs he could feel one of them let go of his arm and another door opened in front of him. He got put on a chair and was told to just wait.

And of course he was going to wait, what else was he going to do?

Wen Ning was all alone in this unknown room and all he could hear was the loud thumping from his chest. His heart was screaming to get out of this situation but another side of him yelled out to do nothing that pissed these people off.

The door behind him reopened and cold sweat started to come out of every pore of body. He could here the loud footsteps of a male walk past him. "Where is his phone?" one of them rudely asked. Wen Ning could hear some clothes rustling and then a, "Can't you hurry up!" And he could recognize that bratty voice from anywhere. After building up enough courage he softly murmured, "Wen Chao?" The sounds in the room suddenly died down. Wen Chao aggressively pulled back the sack that was still sitting on his face. Wen Ning squeezed his eyes shut to protect them from the light. "What did you call me?" Wen Chao asked while being an inch away from his face. Wen Ning kept blinking his eyes to let them adjust to the light and avoided his gaze, "Sorry- Young master Wen." He backed away from him and smoothy turned around and sat on the chair across from Wen Ning, while scrolling on his phone. "Since when have you been contacting Wei Wuxian?"

Wen Ning had an confused look on his face, "Since wh-?" Before he could let out another word Wen Chao threw his phone on the ground and yelled out, "Since when have you been a fucking rat!? Wen Ning!" Wen Ning flinched once again and looked at his broken phone on the ground.

Wen Zhuliu firmly placed his hand on Wen Ning's shoulder. Wen Ning shot his head up and looked at him with a terrified expression. "Why are you interfering while I told you not to Zhuliu!" Wen Chao roared. Wen Zhuliu lifted the weight from hand and calmly said, "You just destroyed a piece of evidence. I ought to tell you to be more careful with those items." He scoffed at him and picked up the broken phone. He carefully turned it on and held it up with two fingers, "It still works." Wen Zhuliu took his hand off Wen Ning's shoulder and took a step back. Wen Chao rolled his eyes and pulled up Wei Wuxian's phone number in Wen Ning's phone, "This is that bastards phone number, right?"

Wen Ning turned his head away from Wen Zhuliu and asked, "Do you mean Wei gege?", with a scared voice. Wen Ning knew he made a mistake after calling him gege. Wen Chao's face turned from a normal beige colour to bright red, "He is not part of our family!" Wen Ning turned his gaze away from him. "How long have you been in contact with him?", Wen Chao asked in a nicer tone this time, but Wen Ning refused to answer him and asked to see his older sister. Wen Chao scoffed, "Wen Qing can't get you out of this mess you put yourself in." Wen Zhuliu stepped forward and called out to young master Wen. "I think it's best to let him see his sister. I'm sure Wen Ning is very confused right now." Wen Chao slumped into his chair, he looked like a little child that didn't get an ice cream that he really really wanted, "Fine!"