41

As Wen Ning kept telling the story Wei Wuxian felt light cramps near the temples of his head, they started to get worser with the minute. He wasn't sure if this was because of the 'every time we try to tell you this your head hurts' or the lack of water he hadn't consumed today. Whenever these pains occured he would furrow his eyebrows and sometimes even squinted his eyes to relief the tension. At first he wanted to tell Wen Ning about these cramps, but when he heard about him and Lan Wangji he didn't want Wen Ning to stop talking. He wanted to remember everything about them.

Wen Ning had noticed that Wei Wuxian would make these weird face whenever he would talk about the sad or weird moments. Did Wei Wuxian even belief him or would he get mad for wasting his time? And what was even weirder is that he didn't have any painful reaction to it at all. Did his head finally heal? Or does he just not believe it?

He stopped talking to take a sip of his drink and to calm his nerves. He looked up at Wei Wuxian with his eyes and saw that he was still staring at him. He thinks I'm a weirdo, Wen Ning thought as he quickly looked away. He placed his drink down a let out a little cough before he started talking, but before any words came out his phone started to ring.

Wei Wuxian flinched because of the sudden loud noise and leaned back into his chair as he rubbed the sides of his head. Wen Ning let out a little nervous laugh, HE HATES ME, he thought before picking up the phone. "Hello? JieJie" Wen Ning said hesitantly. "Where are you!" His sister yelled, this loud enough for everyone in the café to hear this even though the phone wasn't on speaker. Wen Ning turned away from the staring people and lowered the volume of his phone, "I'm on my way home... I'm not lying I mean it!"

"You're really bad a lying," Wei Wuxian whispered as he let out a little laugh. Wen Ning pressed his lips together as he listened to his angry sister, "Yes yes bye, I'm coming really. Okay bye yes yes." He let out the biggest sigh know to mankind after he hung up the phone. He had to check twice to make sure he really hung up, because if his sister heard that sigh he would never hear the end of it.

"You have to go?" Wei Wuxian asked. Wen Ning looked away from his phone and looked at him, "Yes, sorry I don't think I have time to finish...it...all." Wei Wuxian lightly shook his head, "It's fine. Just call me whenever you have time. I really want to hear the rest," he weakly smiled. Wen Ning nodded, "Could.. I have your phone number then!?" he asked after collecting enough courage to ask. Wei let out another laugh. "No need to be so shy around me," he said while reaching out his hand for him phone. Wen Ning handed him his phone and when he looked at his hands he saw that they were visibly shaking, he quickly pulled his hand back when Wei Wuxian took the phone. After they exchanged phone number Wei Wuxian helped Wen Ning carry the stuff he had bought for his sister and the left the café.

After they had walked a pretty distance Wei Wuxian realised he had forgotten the pot he bought for his own sister. Wei Wuxian put his hand on his head, "How could I have forgotten." Wen Ning stopped walking and looked at him with his big confused eyes. "I forgot the pot I bought for my Shi-Jie," Wei Wuxian said as he turned to look at him. "Ow, we can go back?" Wen Ning asked. "I'll go myself, I'll be quick," he handed Wen Ning the bags he was holding and speedily made his way back to the café. While he was walking alone he realised the headache had stopped, maybe all he needed was just some fresh air.

When he finally reached the café he could swear that stupid headache came back, I have a car why don't I use that stupid thing!, he thought to himself as he sluggishly opened the door. Lucky for him the staff working there had put the pot in a safe space and reconized Wei Wuxian as he walked in. He happily accepted his pot back and left to go back to Wen Ning. "Can't let him wait to long," he said to himself as he was slightly jogging to get to him faster.

He finally returned to the spot where he left Wen Ning, but he was nowhere to be found. Wei Wuxian looked around the stores that were still open. Maybe it got to cold and he went inside one of these places. But with no luck he returned to the first spot. There he decided to call him, but every time he thought that he picked up it was just his voicemail. Maybe his sister called him again, Wei Wuxian thought to himself. He also should probably head home to his own siblings.

As he was heading back home he thought about the things Wen Ning had told him.

A-Cheng and Shi-Jie being the same and that stupid peacock being there as well. Little Wen Ning, that stupid brat Wen Chao and... Lan Zhan. He stopped walking and looked up at the sky as he tightened his grip on the handles of the pot.

As Lan Xichen wanted to close the Bar a shadowy figure suddenly stood in front of the door. He gently walked up to see who it was while holding his breath. He tried to take a closer look at the figure and he could see that it was Wei Wuxian and all the stress in his body left. "Aah! Mr. Wei it's you!" he yelled out as he opened the door. Wei Wuxian let a tired laugh, "Sorry. You guys closing?" Lan Xichen nodded and as he did he could she Wei Wuxian's face grow tired. "Do- do you want to speak with my brother?" He asked and he could see the shine in Wei Wuxian's eyes light up. After locking the door they walked back inside.

"Wangji I got a surprise for you," Lan Xichen happily announced. He looked up from whatever he was doing with the most uninterested face, but when he saw Wei Wuxian his interested had been peeked. "Hi," Wei Wuxian nervously said with a polite smile. Lan Xichen let out a little cough to draw their attention to him. "I'm would like to go home so I'm going to put up the system so I would kindly suggest to get out," he said with his work smile. Wei Wuxian let out a little giggle as he followed Lan Wangji out through the back door.

While Lan Xichen stayed inside to put in the code. The two of them were outside in the cold night. Lan Wangji kept looking at Wei Wuxian, but Wei Wuxian couldn't bring himself to meet his gaze. Thankfully for Wei Wuxian, Lan Xichen came out faster that he thought. "Alright let's go home. Do we need to drop you off?" He looked at Wei Wuxian as he asked that. Wei Wuxian hesitantly looked at Lan Wangji and slightly blushed as he saw that he was still staring at him. "I... have some things...to discuss with Lan Wangji," he quietly said. Lan Xichen awkwardly looked at his brother, than at Wei Wuxian. "...Alright then," and he made his way to the car.