37

Xichen noticed that Wangji had been absentminded since he came back to the bar. "Wangji, you don't have to close with me today. You can leave when everyone else goes home."

His younger brother looked at him. Xichen shyly smiled, "I mean it." Wangji turned his head away and resumed his work.

Even if he wanted to leave, what if Wei would come back and he wasn't here? That would make him more upset! And besides he can't let one terrible moment ruine his work ethic. What kind of adult would that make him?

But as the night grew older and more people started to leave the bar he really really wanted to go home. At some moments he even tried to walk up to his brother to say that he was leaving, but something in him kept stopping him. And it's not like Xichen hadn't noticed, he even asked a few co-workers to ask Wangji to bring them home as a 'plan' to make him go home. But everyone refused, most of them knew that he would've said yes, since he didn't hate them, but they would feel so bad for use him. So, in the end Wangji and Xichen we're the last to remain and closed up together.

"Wangji go get the car, I'll finish the last things and close up." Xichen asked as he tossed the car keys towards him. He catches them and headed out the bar.

Xichen walked around the building to check if they had done everything that they had to do. He grabbed the keys and headed towards the front door. He reached his hand for the handle but someone opened it before he could. Xichen eyes widened, BURGLAR???, but lucky for him it was just his little brother. "Gege."

"Yes", Xichen said while still being completely frozen. "Ow you're here.", Wangji let go of the handle and Xichen nodded. "What's wrong?", he asked not knowing that he was the reason his brother almost had a heart attack. Xichen let out a shaky breath- "Nothing nothing" – he took Wangji's arm and walked with him towards the car. That made Wangji slightly raise his eyebrows, "Are you sure it's nothing?" Xichen nodded once again.

But when he suddenly heard footsteps coming towards them Xichen regret saying that it was nothing. He quickly turned his head around to look at whatever monster was coming at them. It seemed to be a tall man and his upper body seemed to be way to big, compared to his legs. And what was even worser; he could feel Wangji's arm slip out of his hands as he suddenly ran towards the figure!

HE'S GONNA GET STABBED, Xichen screamed in his head as he saw the figure and his brother suddenly stop right in front of each other. As he tried to take a closer look at the figure, he could see that it was Wei Wuxian and all the stress in his body left.

"Aaaah!", Wen Ning put his hands up to cover his face, "I really don't know how to begin!" Wei dropped his head and he let out one of the loudest sighs ever known to mankind. Everybody turned their head towards them and that made Wen feel even more nervous. "Sorry! Sorry", he apologized to the people around him. Wei leaned back into his chair, "You're just making it worse". Wen Ning apologised to him. "Stop apologising, just tell me things I don't know about myself!", Wei waved his hands around in the air. This time Wen let out a big sigh, not because he was annoyed but because he didn't even know where to start. "Okay, let me keep it short for now since I'm not even allowed to be here" – Wei raised an eyebrow after he said 'not allowed', but he didn't say anything about it. – "So, in school I wasn't very cool or popular and one time I was alone and you came up to me."

"Aaaah finally lunch time, I'm so hungry!", Nie Huaisang groaned. Jiang Cheng let out a laugh, "Did you forget to eat breakfast again?" Nie shook his head, "My brain just worked to much so my belly is to empty." "How does that even work?", Wei butted in. Nie put his hand up against Wei's face, "You wouldn't understand. Nothing goes on up in there." Wei pushed his hand away, "Don't go there you Chili." Nie gasped loudly and loudly yelled, "How dare you!" Jiang got in between them, "Ok ok, calm down. Let's just go eat before Lan Wangji makes sure we all starve to death." Wei let out a laugh as they made their way to the cafeteria. And like always the room was completely packed, but one table seemed to have one person sitting at it. Wei pointed at it, "Should we go sit there?" Jiang frowned his eyebrows, "That's a Wen kid. You really want to go sit there?" Nie shook his head, "Let's not let's not. He pushed Wei and Jiang towards the line.

After the three of them got their trays with food they were now looking around for other seating places. But after a while Wei just walked away from his brother and friend to the table with the 'Wen kid'.

"Hey can I sit here?"