14

After a few days of hard work Wei Wuxian was finally free from all of it, temporarily that is.

Today he slept in. He even skipped breakfast to sleep longer. When the front door got closed by someone he woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, so he got up to look if someone was still home.

'Jiang Cheng? Shi-Jie? Mister Jiang, Unclee?', I am alone! He went back upstairs to freshen himself up, while not worrying about an angry Jiang Cheng who yells at him to hurry up in the shower. Then he walked downstairs and made some food for himself. And he ate it in the peaceful and quiet house. Omg I'm so bored!

After finishing his food, he went up back to his room, he texted Nie Huaisang.

-Hey, you free today?

-Bestie respond

-Please I'm so bored

-If you don't respond you hate me

-You dick

-I will cry now

Guess he won't respond since he has something to do! I could just walk around I guess...get sum ladies yeyeye hehehe. O maybe I could go to the bar?

He texted Lan Wangji.

-Hey, it's me again. Are you guys open today?

It took a few minutes for him to respond.

I can open early for you. If you want-

AH he respond

-Well not if you're not there yet

Alright-

-We can hang out before you open up tho.

-If you want to?

Wangji didn't respond for a while. I guess he doesn't want to hang out. Wei Wuxian got back in bed then a sound came from his phone, Ding. He immediately got up to see who it was, hoping it was Lan Wangji.

Need me to pick you up?-

-I still need to get ready. You can already come tho. You can wait downstairs.

Send me the address-

Wei sends him the address after that he immediately got up to look in his closet. What to wear what to weeaar. Maybe something cute or fancy- why do I care about that I'm not even going on a date, we're just gonna hang out...Maybe something fancy. He grabbed a pair of black pants, a t-shirt with a V-neck, a leather jacket and a few accessories. He places them all on his bed to see if they look good together, he looked at it and when, 'Nice, and now we shall assemble them on my body.'

Lan Wangji got out his room to go. 'Ah, Wangji, where are you going?', Lan Xichen asked. 'Out.' 'To?' 'I'm going to a friend.' HE HAS A FRIEND. 'Alright have fun, make sure you come back on time for work.' 'Mh.' And he left out the door. Lan Xichen waited for a few seconds to make sure Wangji really left. Then he ran up the stairs, 'Uncle! Wangji has a friend!'

Wei Wuxian was already dressed, but he was still busy with his hair. 'I could tie it up, or does down look better? Maybe a clipping? Naah- well- naah.' While he was looking in the mirror thinking of what to do with his hair the doorbell went. He got up and opened the door with a smile.

'You're already here.' He said happily. Lan Wangji nodded. 'Come in come in', he opened the door more. 'I was still doing my hair, not sure what suits this outfit', he closed the door after Lan walked in. 'It looks good', Wangji said quietly. Wei smiled more and held a little bit of his hair, 'You think so?' Lan nodded. Wei let go of his hair and walked to the kitchen, 'You wanna drink something?' 'What do you have?' Wei walked to the fridge, 'Thee, water, coffee', he opened the fridge and he closed it again, 'Thee, water, coffee...yeah.' 'Thee is fine.' 'Alrighty', he made a cup of thee for him, 'I'm gonna go upstairs again, I'll be right back.'

Lan held the cup and sat down on the couch. Hope he thinks I look good too. He took a sip. Sweet.

Wei came back downstairs, 'Ready?' Lan got up, 'Where do I put it', he held the cup a bit higher. 'Ah, give it.' Lan handed it to him and Wei placed it in the sink, 'Let's go!'

They went outside and got in Lan Wangji's car.

 Did you buy this yourself?' Lan was looking out at the road, 'Mh?' 'The car, it's really nice.' 'My uncle and brother got it for me.' Wei nodded, 'Oo, a good present', he smiled. 'Mh.' 'Where are we going now?' 'Restaurant.' 'Which one?' 'You'll see.' wEll guess I'll keep quiet.

They arrived at the restaurant.

This looks so expensive what is this, am I even worth this.

Lan already walked to the restaurant, but he noticed Wei didn't start moving, he stopped and looked back, 'Wei?' He looked at him, 'Ow', he ran a little until he catched up with Lan and they walked inside together.

They sat down and ordered some food. Wei was looking around the restaurant while eating. Lan noticed that and asked, 'You like it?' He looked at him with a smile, 'Yes, I haven't been to many places like this.' Lan tilted his head a little, 'You haven't?' 'I have been for business dinners, but for the rest I haven't', he looked down at his food and took a bite. Lan Wangji also looked down at his food. Guess I'll have to take him to more of these places. Wei looked up, 'At what time do you need to work?' 'I still have time.' Wei nodded. 'Need me to bring you home after?' 'I can just take the bus, when you go to work.' 'Mh', Lan focused on eating. Wei wanted to talk to him, but he didn't bother since it seemed like Lan was busy, so he was playing a bit with his food. Lan looked at his plate, then he looked at him, 'You, okay?' Wei looked at him, he smiled a little and placed the fork down, 'Just a little bored.' 'You can talk.' 'About?' Lan shrugged a little, 'Doesn't matter.' Wei was thinking about what to say.

'Ow, uhm. I'm free this week so we could hang out more if you'd like?' Lan nodded, 'I'll text you when I'm free.' Wei smiled and he picked the fork back up, 'Alright', they started eating again. 

After they finished their food they went to a café and picked up some coffee and they were just walking around.

'Why did you take a break?', Lan asked why looking at him. 'I was just tired. It just feels like I'm not made for this kind of job.' Lan didn't quite understand that. 'Jiang Cheng and Shi-Jie can focus on all those papers and even during meetings they don't get bored. But I don't really like it', he took a sip of his drink. 'Then quit', Lan said. Wei chuckled a little, 'I feel like I'll disappoint my uncle if I do. I still need to pay him back for all these years', Wei felt that the mood went a little dark. He ran a little so that he was in front Lan Wangji and turned around so that he was walking backwards. He smiled as he looked at him, 'You got a place for me at your job?', he let out a little laugh. 'Can you make drinks?' 'No, but I am a fast learner, or I could be a servant. I attract main people, mainly cute girls', he flips his hair as a little smirk formed on his face. 'Maybe you can find a girlfriend then', he walked next to Lan. Lan didn't respond so Wei asked him, 'Or do you already have a girlfriend?' Lan Wangji put on a little disappointed face up. Wei laughed, 'Right no girl would date a cold man', he laughed again and ran to a store window. Lan stopped walking, he was a little surprised. When Wei stopped at the window, he continued walking.

Wei stopped in front of a window looking into a store with jewellery. Lan catched up with him, he just stood next to him. Wei started speaking, 'Do you like jewellery?' 'I don't wear it.' 'Ah, alright.' Wei started walking while looking at a ring, but then he turned his head to Lan who was already looking at him. He smiled, 'Should we head back to the car?' 'Mh.'

They headed back to the car. Lan brought Wei home.

'Thank you for bringing me home.' 'No problem.' 'I'll see you around then', he waved at him, 'Bye bye.' Lan slowly put his hand up, but when he got it up Wei already walked away. He quickly put his hand down in case Wei would turn around. And he did, Wei turned around with a big smile and waved at him again before he walked inside the house.

Lan Wangji took a deep breath before he started his car and drove away.