35

There was still a lot of suspicion around the so called 'Mol' in the main house of the Wen family. Nobody from the lower ranks were allowed to exit the house. But after Wen Qing complained enough, about being low on supplies for her medicine they let her younger brother Wen Ning out to buys more ingredients.

I guess my sisters nagging can be useful, Wen thought as he left the medicine store with multiple bags. Even though the older family members made sure he remembered that he was only allowed to go to this specific store he couldn't stop the urge to walk into a few more stops that he liked. In the same street there was one of the many 'Unclean Realm' stores that were around the city. He headed in side with that thought that he could buy a few of these objects for his sisters use and maybe for his own. As he was peacefully looking around the store he suddenly heard the store clerk talk to someone with a familiar voice.

As Wei walked out of the bar, he felt like Lan Wangji would go after him and even if he didn't, he felt so embarrassed! So, the best thing he could do for both cases is run as fast as he could. He didn't know where he was heading, he just needed to get away. And he definitely needed to get rid of this feeling.

AAH THAT WAS SO EMBARASING why do I keep going in when he has to work. I have his phone number, I could plan a hang-out like a NORMAL ADULT.

After running what felt like hours his legs felt like they were about to give up. He stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips trying to catch his breath. As he looked around the street, he saw that he stopped right in front of a 'Unclean Realm' store. The clerk working there saw him and peeped their head out of the store to ask him if he was alright. Wei smiled brightly, "Yeah- just- tired." he said as he was still catching his breath. His eyes moved past the clerk into the store, he pointed at a soup pan "How much is that?" The clerk turned his head to see which item he was pointing at, "Uh, not sure. Come inside."

Wen Ning turned around to see an old friend standing there. His eyes widened in shock and called out for him, "Wei Wuxian?!"

Wei turned his head just to see a man he didn't recognize. It wasn't the first time someone came up to him like this, but he just played along trying too no be rude. "Hello."

Wen took big steps towards him, with every step you could hear his bags rustling against each other. "You remember me!?", he shyly smiled. Wei frowned his eyebrows, What kind of question is that- no, but what!? The store clerk took the pan with him to the counter as he said, "I'll take this one for you, let me know when you're ready to pay." We kindly smiled at him but after that he turned his head back towards this stranger. He really wasn't sure if he has seen this guy anywhere, but he didn't need to know that. Maybe he was one of Wei's bad nights.

Wei let out a little chuckle for thinking that before he replied, "Why would I not remember you?" After hearing that a bright smile formed on Wen's face, "Well just after that accident- and your brother said you didn't remember- you didn't even remember Lan Wangji. But that doesn't matter anymore, because you remember now!" He let out a little laugh. Wei slightly tilted his head when he said Lan's name out loud. "...Wh- what would I not remember about him?", he folded his arms. Wen looked at the clerk before looking back at Wei he putting his hand on one side of his mouth. "That you guys were dating", he said while whispering. "Are you guys still together?", Wen asked. But after a few minutes of waiting for an answer Wei seemed frozen like a statue. Wen stopped looking at her and got nervous, "Di- did I s- say something wro-ng?" Wei just completely ignored his two questions and said, "I have to pay for my pan."

As he walked away Wen felt like he did something to hurt Wei, What if they recently broke up and I'm just digging in a fresh wound!

After Wei paid, he just stood there holding it not knowing what to do next. Wen slowly came up to him, "Wei, I'm really sorry for asking about your relationship. I know you were trying to hide it from everyone, but I saw you two k-" Before he could finish that sentence Wei grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the store. He kept dragging him along until they were a few blocks away from the store and Wen silently followed.

Wei finally let him go and let out a big sigh, "I don't know who you are and what do you mean 'relationship' with me and Lan Wangji." This time it was Wen's turn to freeze up.

He didn't know? Then why did he act like he did! If I reveal to much will his head hurt, again?

Wei put the pan down and clapped his hands together to get his attention, "Hey, I asked you something?" Wen blinked a few times before answering, "I'm...Wen Ning. We...used to be...friends, I think." Wei raised an eyebrow, "You think?" Wen look down at his feet, "We weren't always hanging out so it was hard to say." Wei closed his eyes trying to remember anything about what he was talking about. "And what about the relationship between me and Lan Wangji?" He rolled his eyes as he felt a prickly feeling behind his eyes.

Wen turned his eyes up to look at Wei and asked him if they could sit down to talk. "Why would you want to sit down and talk if we can talk now?" Wen didn't want to tell him the real reason so he just blamed it on something else, "These bags are getting a bit heavy."