23

Lan Wangji returned home after he dropped of Wei Wuxian at the Jiang household. He was contemplating the whole ride if he should text Wei to say that he got home. But before he could finally make a decision his front door opened. 'Wangji! It's me, are you home?' Lan Wangji recognised the voice, so he went over to the front door. Lan Xichen smiled as he saw Wangji walking to him, 'Did you have fun with Mr. Wei?', he closed the door behind him. Wangji nodded, then he noticed the bag Xichen was holding. He saw Wangji's gaze get drawn to the bag. Xichen raised it up, 'I bought something for you.' He headed to the dinner table to place the bag on it. Wangji followed him. 'I thought it would suit you since you like bunnies.' He took out a card game, 'You can play this next time with Wei, if he comes over and look' he showed the pack closer, 'bunnies!' Wangji took it from him, 'Thank you.' 'I also brought some food that we could eat together, because I want to know everything you did with him.' As he was unpacking the food Wangji's ears turned a slight red colour. Lan Xichen smiled and helped him. Wangji was thinking about the exited things he did with Wei. 'We went to a music store.' 'Ow? What did you do there?' 'He played a flute and he asked me to play the Guqin for him.' Xichen bumped his arm in to Wangji, 'Hoho romantic.' Wangji had a little smile on his face, but it didn't last. 'We're just friends Gege.' Xichen pated his head, 'Maybe for now you are, but it can always change.' 'I don't know.' Xichen looked a little worried, but he didn't want to trouble Wangji, so he brought the food to the table. Wangji followed him with the rest. They sat at the table and Xichen asked him if he wanted to try out the game. 'After we finish eating', he said as he was about to eat. Xichen smiled, 'Alright, enjoy your food.' 'You too.'

Wei got called back into the office, since Jiang Cheng needed his help, and he didn't mind. During his break Jiang couldn't come and eat with him. Guess it's really busy. He grabbed his phone and texted Nie Huaisang.

-Yoooooooooo guess what I found last night.

Wot-

-I found or old schoolbook and I saw Lan Wangji in there, he went to our school?

...Dude...do you have an organ called brains? -

-What?

I TOLD YOU THIS A FEW DAYS AGO WHEN WE WENT TO THE BAR-

-But like if ya did why don't I remember?

I give up, I don't want to talk to you anymore I have given up I'm done goodbye-

-NO DON'T LEAVE I HAVE NOBODY TO TALK TO HERE

-NIE

-NIE HUAISANG

Bastard. Why does it feel like I'm forgetting everything these days, should I go to a doctor for it? It's not like I'm forgetting things that happened a week ago. He let out a big sigh as he looked around him. Should I go to Jiang Cheng, I should ask him if we can still go to the nightclub. He got up and walked to his office. "Knock knock." 'Who is it?' Wei opened the door with a smile, 'Me.' Jiang relaxed his body, 'You need something?' He closed the door and sat down in one of the chairs in front of him, 'You still have time to go to the nightclub with me?' Jiang nodded, 'I think so. How long do you want to stay there?' 'I just want to check it out, if we don't like it, we can leave.' 'And if you like it?' 'Until you get tired, I guess', he leaned his chin on the desk, 'Our Jiang Cheng is getting old, aigoo.' Jiang flicked his forehead, 'You're older than me!' Wei giggled a bit. Jiang leaned his head on his arms to see eye to eye with Wei, 'Are you having troubles?' He shook his head, 'Just as boring as always, but it's not like it got more difficult.' 'That's good to hear.' 'Yeah, I didn't lose braincells in my vacation!' Jiang chuckled, 'Good, I need your braincells.' 'I'm at your service boss', Wei put on a bright smile, but after a bit he stopped smiling, 'A-Cheng?' He looked at him. 'I don't think I remember our high school days that well.' Jiang looked confused, 'But you always talk with us about them?' 'Yeah, cuz you remind me. I don't think I remember much myself, just someone else's memories that have been shared with me.' Jiang leaned back in his chair, '...Well I don't really mind that. At least you didn't forget my name.' 'Aah, I'll never forget someone's name when they annoy me.' He kicked him under the desk. Wei looked down while resting his forehead on the desk, trying not to show Jiang Cheng that it hurt. But he did notice, Jiang folded his arms, 'I guess we can go tonight.' 'What?', Wei's voice showed his pain. It made Jiang feel more guilt. 'We can go to the nightclub after work. I guess I do have some free time after.' Wei smiled, 'Really!?' He nodded. 'Let me ask Huaisang if he can come too', he took his phone out of his pocket and texted Nie is he had time after work. Jiang relaxed his arms, 'But I'm not going to drink. I still have work tomorrow.' Wei nodded, 'I'll drink for the both of us.' 'You have work too idiot!' 'It's okay A-Cheng, I'll drink for the both of us. Trust', he put his fist up. Jiang put up a disappointed face, it made Wei laugh.

After Jiang finished his work the both of them got into a cab and headed to The Nightless City. 'You exited?', Wei asked. 'I guess it's 'fun' to see a new place.' Wei mocked him in the way he said fun. Jiang pushed his head. Wei took his hand of and held it, 'Did you tell Shi-Jie that we'll be home late?' He nodded, 'She said it was fine.' 'I hope she didn't start cooking for us.' 'I think she will be now because someone is going to be black-out drunk.' Wei smiled, 'Huaisang?' Jiang let out a little 'tsk' sound and took his hand back.

After they arrived, they met up with Nie Huaisang. 'Aaah, I'm so excited!' 'Me too!', Wei happily said. They both looked at Jiang Cheng to see if he would join their happy moment. Jiang blankly stared back at them after a few seconds he raised his hands a bit and with confusion his his voice he said, 'Yey?' Wei held his and Nie's hand, 'Yey!', he guided them into the bar.

Once they stepped inside, they could feel the bass of the music in their chest. Jiang yelled at Wei, 'Do you want to get a table!' Wei couldn't hear him. Jiang just dragged him and Nie along since Wei was still holding their hands. They sat down at a table where the music seems to be quieter, so Jiang started to speak. 'Why is it so loud?' Wei looked at him with a straight face, 'It's a nightclub, what do you want?' 'You can't even have a normal conversation!' 'You're supposed to dance!' 'I don't dance.' Nie joined the conversation, 'Seems like a you problem.' Jiang angerly turned his head and that made Nie shut up. Wei took the menu out of the holder, 'What do you two want to drink?' Jiang took the other menu and looked at the food, 'Are you going to pay?' Wei nodded as he looked at the various beverages. Nie moved a bit closer to Wei, so that he could see what's on the menu as well. Jiang placed the menu down and pointed, 'Does this look good?' Nie chuckled, 'Why spicey food?' Jiang glared at him. Nie hid behind Wei's arm, 'It was a normal question- you- you dragon!' 'Dragons are cool!', Wei happily said, 'But it looks good.' He placed the menu he was looking at down, 'Pick a drink.' Jiang leaned on the table and looked at the menu, then he finally pointed at a drink. Wei got up and went to ask for the drinks at the bar. Jiang leaned towards Nie, 'You like this place?' 'I'm scared', Nie answered without a doubt. Jiang weirdly looked at him. 'I don't know anyone here!' Jiang didn't feel like responding back to him since his response was fucking dumb. Nie shook his arm, 'Stoop!' Jiang pushed him off, 'I didn't do anything!' 'I'm gonna tell Wei about you! He got up and went to find Wei. Jiang massaged his forehead. Why did I come along? He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

Wei and Nie walked back with their drinks and food, but when they returned to their table Jiang Cheng was nowhere to be seen. Nie was the first one to say something about it, 'Where is he?' Wei shrugged, 'Maybe bathroom', he sat down and texted Jiang to ask where he was. Nie was looking at the food. Wei chuckled a little, 'You can start eating.' Nie smiled and took a bite of the food. 'How is it?' Nie chewed slowly, 'Bar food', he grabbed a tissue and spit it out. 'It can't be that bad!' Wei scolded him. 'You try it then!' And Wei did, his reaction was the same as Nie's. 'A-Cheng has to finish this. He picked it.' Nie nodded in agreement. 'Let's hope the drinks are good.' Nie and Wei took a sip of their drink and the both of them didn't say anything for a while. Nie placed his hands on the table, 'Let's never come to any nightclub in the future.' 'Yea, I think I'll stay with The Cloud Recesses.' Nie nodded in agreement. Wei looked around for Jiang, 'Maybe Jiang wants to go home?' 'I don't think he would just leave.' Wei leaned back into his chair, 'I hate waiting.' 'Sucks to be you.' Wei glared at him. Nie shyly giggled.