Christmas Dinner (Josh Kiszka)

You turned your car into the snowy driveway of Josh Kiszka's home. Christmas lights were strewn across the porch and roof, cascading warm light onto the lawn. Large drifts of sparkling snow where piled up around a robust maple tree in the yard. 

'Well here it goes!' you whispered to yourself, stepping out of the car.

Josh has invited you to have dinner at his family's place for Christmas Eve. You had met Josh a year ago on tour as his vocal coach.

Shivering you slipped and slideded up to the porch. Hoping to the gods that now one was watching, you rang the doorbell. Shifting awkwardly from one foot to the next you peeked through the living room window. Josh and Jake were sitting under the tree playing with their cat Peppermint. You didn't realize how intently you were watching them until a friendly voice spoke behind you.

"We got her a couple weeks ago, as a welcome home present for the boys."

Half jumping out of your skin, you whirled around choking on your spit. A woman with sandy blonde hair stood behind you smiling warmly.

"Ah hi! You must be Josh's Mum," you said, shaking her hand.

"Sorry, dear, I didn't mean to startle you. Yeah, I am. You must be Y/N."

Chuckling nervously, you answered, "Yeah, I am! Don't worry, I'm used to the boys scaring me."

"Really?! Oh goodness they're twenty and still act like kids," she sighed, shaking her head. "Gosh! We're did I leave my manners? Please come in you must be freezing."

You hurried into the house absolutely relishing the deliciously warm heat. The house was decorated with Christmas lights, candles, little nick nacks, and wreaths. Its rare to see holiday decorations tastefully done, but she did an amazing job! Everything looked so bright and cozy.

"Hey, Y/N!"

You turned to see a grinning Josh standing in the archway of the living room. He was wearing a thick red sweater.

"Merry Christmas, Josh!" you said excitedly, pulling him into a bear hug. "Surprisingly, I actually missed you boys."

Josh burst out laughing. "Really?! After the hell we put you through?"

You opened you mouth to answer when Jake walked up smiling mischievously. "You mean to say that you miss Josh."

At deep crimson rushed to your cheeks. "Yeah I did miss Josh! Is there a problem with that?"

Jake raised his hands in surrender. "Nope, nothing at all."

"All right, Jake that's enough!" Mrs. Kiszka, ordered glaring at her son. "Come with me dear."

Letting her lead you down the hallway and into the kitchen, you breathed in the savoury smell of turkey.

"Do you mind peeling these potatoes for me?"

"Not at all," you answered, sitting on a bar stool at the counter. Even the kitchen was decorated, with crimson and pine green candles. Your parents didn't see the point in decorating any room other than the sitting room. So you always looked in awe at those you did.

"I don't know how you ever dealt with those boys when they were kids," you commented, chuckling at the thought of Josh and Jake as little kids.

"Neither do I," she answered, smiling at the memories. "Oh those boys were a handful! I remember Christmas back in 2005 when Josh and Jake mistakenly got our cat drunk. Those boys! Their Father had left a glass of wine out. Josh thought it was juice. Gosh the poor little feline was sick for days after."

You both burst out laughing.

"What's so funny in here?" Josh asked, walking into the kitchen holding little Peppermint against his chest.

Gasping dramatically you hid our glass of wine behind an ornament. You both started to guffaw loudly again. Josh stared in bewilderment.

"Are you going to let me in on what's so funny?" he questioned, looking from you to his Mother.

"Your Mum was just telling me about when you got the cat drunk."

Josh facepalmed. "Really Mom? I hope that's the only story she's told you."

"Maybe," you teased, chuckling at his embarrassed face.

Josh rolled his eyes and muttered something about, "Mom's make it their mission to embarrass their kids."

"Josh, could you go find your Father?"

Smiling you watched Josh's curly head walking off.

~15 minutes later~

The table was teaming with delicious food. The turkey was a perfect golden colour. Bowls were heaped with corn, peas, stuffing, and boiled carrots.

"Where do I sit?" you whispered to Josh.

"You can sit beside me," he whispered back.

Placing his hand on the small of your back he lead you around the table. Jake noticed and sent you a mischievous grin. You poked your tongue out and sat down between Sam and Josh. Both boys grinned at you.

"So do you enjoy being a vocal coach on tour?" Mr. Kiszka asked, passing the bowl of carrots to Jake.

"I love it! I was getting so tired of working in a music studio all day everyday. It's kinda nice to be able to travel from State to State and watch the guys on stage."

"I bet the boys keep you on your toes," he responded, smiling at you.

Chuckling you nodded. "Could I have the potatoes, please."

Immediately, Josh and Sam dove to get the bowl of mashed potatoes. But Josh was a split second faster and quickly handed it to you.

Trying to hold back an eye roll you thanked him.

'These boys honestly! One minute they're hiding your clothes and the next all they can do is help!'

Dinner passed and the dessert was brought out. At about half past 22 you wished the family a goodnight and headed for the door. Josh followed behind you and pulled on his boots.

"Coming home with me?" you teased, buttoning up your coat.

"I wish, but I'm only walking you to the car," he answered, flashing you his electrify smile.

The freezing night air smacked in the face as you stepped out.

"Your going to freeze, Josh," you called over the wind.

"Hey I'm used to this kind of weather."

You stepped up to your car door and turned to face him.

"I really enjoyed myself tonight! Thanks for having me over," you said, smiling.

"My pleasure! I know my family really enjoyed having you over. I enjoyed having you over," he answered stepping closer.

You shyly looked down and back up into his big brown eyes.

He placed an arm around your waist and pulled you closer. Inches away from his face, you pulled him into a kiss. He brought his other hand to caress your jaw as he deepened the kiss.

Pulling away for air, you blushed.

"Best Christmas present ever!" 

A/N: Hey my friends! So I wrote this for a friend who isn't on Wattpad, but she'll be reading it through my account. So enjoy Julia 😉 

Also if you have any requests or feedback I would love to read it! So feel free to comment or message me 😊 Don't forget to vote!