Valentine's Day (Joe Perry)

"Skyler, it just doesn't make sense!" you sigh, "Why would he cancel our date and not give me a reason? He knows I've been looking forward to Valentine's Day for weeks."

"I know Joe, and he would never cancel a date unless something incredibly important came up," your best friend commented, adjusting her sneakers.

Skyler had suggested that you both take a walk down to the docks. It wouldn't be the same, but it was better than sitting at home. The breeze was cool on your face as you headed arm in arm with Skyler to the docks. She was chatting about her boyfriend, but you hardly heard her. The thought, 'Is he not interested in me anymore?' swirled about her head. 'These last few days, he's been sneaking around. Also, what about the box of chocolates he was hiding in his drawer. It was imported from France!'

"Y/N! Did you even hear a word I said?" she asked, snapping a finger in front of your face.

Taking a deep breath, you smiled, "I'm sorry, Sky! Honestly, I'm concerned. What if Jo did find someone who's prettier?" You could feel a lump lodge its self in your throat.

"Girl, stop," she commanded, pausing and holding you at arm's length. "That man just can't get enough of you! Have more confidence. He's lucky to have you as his girlfriend."

"Thanks, Sky! I needed to hear that," you whispered, pulling your friend into a tight hug.

The docks were just in front of you two. The sun had just sunk below the horizon, leaving the sky in a canvas of pale pinks and grays. Crickets chirped in the grass beside the sidewalk. Yachts bobbed up and down on the inky black waves.

"Look, is that a dolphin?!"

"Where," you asked, your eyes following where Skyler's finger pointed. You stopped in mid-walk. A yacht sat gently rocking with firefly lights strung up, lighting the deck. A table stood in the middle of the deck with a white tablecloth draped over the top, with pink and white candles sitting burning. Joe stood on the deck, smiling at you.

"Go on," Sky whispered, grinning.

"Do you like it, darling?"

"It's gorgeous, Jo! When ... how did you plan this?" you asked, looking up into your boyfriend's beaming face.

As you stepped down into the boat's deck, Joe answered, "I borrowed my friend's yacht. I knew you wanted a romantic evening."

"Baby, it's so perfect!" you exclaimed, your eyes sweeping over the decorated table.

Bowls of steaming spaghetti sat on the table alongside tall glasses of champagne. It looked like something out of a movie. Joe pulled a chair out for you smiling.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, for not being able to be with you as much as we both want," he said, sinking into the chair across from you.

"Well, you're here now, and that's what counts," you replied, looking into Joe's bright green eyes.

"I ... uh, bought you a gift. It's nothing special."

Grinning, you picked up the small box Joe handed you. It was wrapped in rose pink wrapping paper. Tearing it open your, eyes fell on the same box of imported chocolates that sparked your suspicion of Joe. Tears welled up in your eyes.

"I love you, Jo," you whispered, smiling through your emotions.

Reaching over, he gave your hand a loving squeeze. "I love you more than life, Y/N."

Blushing, you said, "I think we should eat the food before it gets cold." You quickly brushed a tear away.

Chuckling Joe gave you a breathtaking smile. Joe looked quite handsome tonight in a black silk shirt that he had unbuttoned. You sighed with contentment. "Here's to a romantic night," you declared, lifting your champagne.

"Here's to a romantic night with an amazing girlfriend," Joe replied, lifting his glass and clinking it against yours.

Author's Note: Hi my friends! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter/imagine! Who here is tired of school? 😅 *raises hand* Welp! Please vote and comment down below! I also feel free to request :)