Save Him (Steven Adler)

*Self-harm Warning*

You hurried to the lockers in search of your Algebra homework.

"There you are," you muttered, snatching up the thick, blue binder.

Slamming your locker shut, you turned to leave when the sounds of crying sounded from the end of the hallway. You passed trying to decide if you should meet your friends at the mall or investigate you was crying. 

Cautiously you walked down the hall in the direction of the sounds. You rounded the corner. To say you were shocked was an understatement. Steven Adler sat huddled in a dark corner, head in his hands, his shoulders shaking from the sobs. Then your eyes fell upon it. His left arm was covered in dripping, erubescent blood.

He was so distracted by his thoughts that he didn't see you standing there staring. Without even thinking, you blurted out, "My god, what happened, Steven?!"

His head snapped up, you had to force yourself from staring at his sliced-up arm. His eyes were bloodshot, and his usually perfectly placed blonde hair looked matted and unruly. His eyes widen in surprise but quickly became glassy and emotionless. He held your gaze, daring you to say anything.

"Go away," he managed in a surprisingly calm voice.

That hurt more than you would care to admit. Even though was was a bully Steven had been your crush since the beginning of high school. He was always with the popular boys, and here he was were from a different world in such a vulnerable position. You took pity for the poor blonde boy. 

Heaving a sigh, you slid down the wall next to him. He lowered his head back into his hands. Exhaling, you tilted your head back against the wall.

"Why did you do this, Steven?" you whispered, watching him from the corner of your eye. "Are you okay?"

"Yup! Just peachy," he answered sarcastically.

"Sorry. That was a stupid question," you replied, watching Steven's shoulders shaking ever so slightly.

He didn't say anything for a couple of minutes.

"Why do you care? All I've ever done was make fun of you."

It was true. He and his friends always found a way of making you look stupid.

"Do be honest... I don't know Steven. I guess it's because I've seen how you are with your mother and sister. And you're not just some jerk. I've seen glimpses of the human side of you. That's why I care," you answered, playing nervously with the end of your braid.

Steven didn't answer for what felt like eons. Your ears barely caught him whisper, "I'm sorry."

Was he really apologizing for the years of pain he's caused me. Steven had never said sorry to anyone in his life. Gingerly you placed your hand on his upper arm. Careful to stay away from his bloody forearm.

"I don't know if I fully forgive you, but I'm always here for you."

He jerked his head up and stared at your hand on his arm. Slowly his gaze lifted up to your face. You gave him a friendly smile.

"You don't have to tell me what happened, that's your business. But I need to take you to the hospital. Your arm looks pretty bad."

Nodding, Steven stood up and landed you a hand. Grabbing, his hand you pulled yourself up and took him to your car. All the while wondering what in the world could be troubling him. He had everything you didn't, money, good grades, loving Mom, and popularity. Shaking your head you tried to push the thought away. This was all just too confusing. 

A/N: Hi again, people! Sooo what did you think? I hope this didn't trigger anyone. If you have a request or any feedback, please comment them :) Also, It would really make my day if I got up to 15 votes on this imagine. So just click on the vote button if you please ;)