The Accident That Changed Everything (Brian May)

"Y/N, Brian has been in a car accident. You better get to the hospital."

Trepidation filled your soul as those words played over and over in your mind like a broken record.

'It's all just a horrid dream,' you reassured yourself. 'Brian wasn't even in a car. He was at the studio.'

"Miss? We're here," the taxi driver called over his hunched shoulders.

The tall white hospital loomed overhead. Taking deep breaths, you stepped out of the low taxi. Your mind was in such a state of shock you mechanically handed the driver his bill. You froze mid-step the thought of seeing your boyfriend crumpled in a hospital bed crippled you.

"I can't do this," you whispered to yourself. Your delicate hands clutched your purse tight against your chest. Taking another deep breath, you hurried into the hospital.

"I'm here for Brian May?"

"Room 204," the nurse said in a monotone voice.

Before the nurse could warn you, you were running down the halls in search of room 204. You were wholly unprepared for the sight that would hit your pretty eyes. No one ever is prepared to see their loved one in such a vandalized state.

A scream left your lips as your eyes took in the sight of your boyfriend unconscious. His face was a purplish-blue. Tiny cuts decorated his brow and jaw.

"Y/N! Oh my god! Sweetie, come here," Freddie softly commanded, his arms open wide for a hug.

You didn't move your feet stuck to the floor. You couldn't even hear Freddie over the roar of your heartbeat. Perspiration formed in beads across your forehead.

'This is my fault! All my fault!'

"Y/N!"

Your eyes shot up to meet Freddie's concerned face. It was like he could read your mind.

"Listen to me, Y/N! It's not your fault, okay? I need you to answer me, honey."

"B-but F-Freddie I-," your voice cracked. Hot tears poured down your reddened face. "Oh my god, Freddie! H-he said that he wanted to spend more time with me. So ... he told me that he would stay home today and we could spend time together. But I said that the band needed him to play ... today," you managed to gasp out between hiccups.

"Shhh, calm down, honey! Take a deep breath."

You took in a raspy breath and exhaled, feeling your body relax slightly.

"First of all. Listen to me, Y/N. First of all, this is not your fault. Second, you couldn't have known that this would happen."

Sniffling, you nodded. "I want to be alone with him if that's okay?"

"Of course, sweetie. If you need me, I'll be in the hall." You watched as Freddie turned to leave.

"Oh, and thanks, Freddie!" you offered a halfhearted smile.

Blowing you a kiss, he turned and hurried out the door to give you privacy.

"Brian? Darling? I'm here for you," you whispered, your voice coming out sounding shaky. "Please don't leave me! You can't! I don't think I could live without you. I can't imagine waking up and not being greeted by your smile."

You watched as your thumb drew hearts on the back of Brian's hand. "You can't leave me. You're strong I know you can get through this. I ... I love you so damn much." You paused, that was the first time either one of you said 'I love you.'

Fresh tears rolled down your cheeks. You placed a kiss on your boyfriend's hand.

"I love you too, baby."

Your head jerked up. "Brian? You're awake? Baby, I'm so sorry! I should have let you stay home and I didn't!"

"Shhh, it's not your fault, baby. Come here," Brian murmured. He scooted to the side making room for you.

"What would the nurses say?" you asked, looking towards the door then back at your boyfriend.

"Fuck what the nurses say. I want my beautiful girlfriend with me."

Chuckling, scootched in beside him on the hard hospital bed. Brian's arms pulled you tight against him. You buried your nose against his chest and inhaled the smell of clone.

"I love you more than life itself," Brian whispered against your hair.

A content smile spread across your face.

"I love you more." Your eyes fluttered shut, and you fell asleep in your boyfriend's warm embrace. 

Author's Note: Well it's been a while since I posted a new chapter. How did you guys like it? I've been so busy lately that I didn't have time to edit so sorry for the bad grammar. 😬 

Like always if you have any requests comment them down below or PM me. Have an amazing day/evening 😃