02

They all sat at the dining table eating and chatting when their father suddenly showed up with an unreadable expression on his face, his jaw was clenched and his hands were balled up into fists one could tell he was so furious Cassandra stood up when she saw her husband she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Honey what's wrong," she asked him in a calm voice.

"Why don't you ask your daughter Rosaline," he said in a cold tone she flinched at the tone of his voice.

"What about her what did she do?" she looked at me concerned and worried but I wasn't aware of what he was talking about.

"I told you to talk to her I made it clear when I said my decision is final." he looked at me his eyes darkened with rage and anger Alyssa lightly squeezed my hand

"But what does she do, she decides to not listen to me and applies for a job and finds herself an apartment," he yelled I flinched at the tone of his voice.

"Dad I was serious when I said that I do this why don't you understand."

"My decision is final there's nothing left to talk about."

"I'm sorry dad but there's nothing you can do to stop me I have made up my mind I'm moving out," I said in confident tone which surprised everyone because Dad's words were like law in the house.

"I've given you everything but I just don't get it," he said in a low voice laced with disappointment.

"You've never given me the freedom that's all I ever wanted." I said in a low tone.

"I never expected this from you" his voice laced with anger and disappointment I know my decision has hurt him but he has to accept that at one point I will have to be independent I can't be entirely dependent on him.

When Dad was done talking to me he left the room I rushed to my room, my brothers tried to talk me out of it but I wasn't going to change my mind.

I laid in my bed turning and tossing failing to get any sleep I guess I was just anxious about what will happen tomorrow.
It's morning already and I didn't get any sleep.

I packed my clothes and put my credit cards in my clutch I got my car keys I won't leave my baby behind my dad gave them to me on my eighteenth birthday.
I walked down the stairs with Sara tailing behind me with my suitcase.

"Rosa please don't leave..."
I stopped her before she could finish her sentence."I'm not changing my mind."

"Rosa you won't survive out there" I scoffed at what she said.
"Of course you also don't believe cause you think am the spoiled rich brat why can't you support me, Alyssa."

"We are just worried," my four brothers said as they stood in front of me.

"I know I will take care of myself."

"Why are you so adamant about leaving the house Rosa what if something bad happens to you" Raphael asked me.

"I want to have a job, be independent and make a name for myself without any of your help or dad's help."

"Is that so?" he said in a cold stern voice.

"Dad I.." he stopped me before I could say anything.

"You want to leave the house right? " he asked me.

"Yes," I said confidently my mother looked at me worried her eyes filled with tears.

"Fine if you want to leave this house you will leave your credit cards and car keys behind." I gasped at what he said I wasn't expecting this.

"But baby you have to think about this she's your daughter" she pleaded with my dad.

"I have already thought about it, If you decide to leave this house you will cease to be my daughter and I will take away your inheritance including your credit cards and your car keys you will leave with nothing think carefully about this are you willing to leave all the luxury behind all because you want to explore "his voice laced with sarcasm. There was total silence when he said those words" are you still willing to leave this house."

I looked down how could he do this to me I could feel everyone's eyes on me." Yes, I'm still leaving, "I said in a shaky voice.

" Rosaline Ashlyn Amoretti what's gotten into you do you realise the mistake you are making." my mom yelled her eyes on me.

" Mother I know what am doing."

" Fine if you leave this house there will be no form of communication and you won't receive help from any of us I hope that's clear," he looked at everyone else " you want to be independent I won't stop you. Life is not all rosy out there it's worse than you can imagine all I ever wanted was to protect and keep you safe if things didn't work out you are free to come back." His face was void of any emotion the man talking to me was Mr Amoretti not my Dad.

" I will make you proud I know you all think am stupid for doing this and that I will probably come back here regretting my decision. But that won't happen instead you will be the ones to come to me, Dad you will be proud of me and I will prove it to you."

I gave my mom the car keys and credit cards before leaving the house and everything changed when I left, I knew my life would never be the same again.