[27] - present hunting

Christmas was fast approaching.

And I had no idea what to get Y/N.

I had gifts for my family and the guys already picked out and bought, but when it came to a present for Y/N, my mind drew a blank. No thoughts, head empty.

I had roamed through shopping malls and bookstores and goodness-knew-where-else for something, anything, that could catch my eye and scream Y/N, but so far, I had no luck. I just didn't know what to get her and the thought clawed at me because the girl I liked was the only one without a gift at this point and that was just sad. The person who meant the most to me had nothing so far. I was going crazy.

When I went gift-hunting the next time, I took Yeonjun with me since he seemed to be better at this kind of thing than I was. He was hesitant at first since he told me not to make such a big deal out of it, but I eventually convinced him and there we were, walking to the shopping mall together.

"You know," he said as we walked through the snow-covered streets, "ever since Y/N came along, you haven't been thinking about anything else. I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just saying. You really like her, huh?"

I nodded, my lips curling into a smile. "Mhm. I do. I guess I always kinda did."

Yeonjun just chuckled and we entered the mall, walking through various stores trying to find something. We started this seemingly never ending cycle—Yeonjun would deem something presentable, show me, I'd say no, and repeat. Not clothes or jewellery or books or trinkets or stuffed animals or stationary. Nothing seemed good enough. He'd gotten sick of it two hours in and demanded we stop for a food court break.

"You're so hard to please," he said between bites of his burger. "We've looked practically everywhere."

"I know," I agreed. "I don't know what to do or where else to look."

"Here's a thought—why not get her something custom-made? You clearly want to give her something super special and one of a kind, right?" I nodded. "What's something she really likes or something she's often associated with? Something that reminds you of her? Just find something like that and, I don't know, get something written or drawn on it."

My eyes lit up as a thought then came into my head. I sprang from my seat, nearly shouting, "Yeonjun! You're a genius!" And then I sprinted away to execute my plan.

"Yeah, I am," I heard Yeonjun say, "And hey—at least finish your bread!"

But not even bread could stop me then.

Because not only did I have a gift idea for Y/N, but also a confession plan.