[10] - library lunch

After my morning classes ended, I walked into the cafeteria and searched for the sweater girl—I mean, Y/N among the tables. But after five minutes of scrutiny, I realized she wasn't at any of them. She wasn't in the cafeteria at all.

I wasn't really sure where else I would find her, but since I had found her at the library the other day, I decided to check there—and as my luck would have it, that was precisely where I found her.

She was sitting at the same table as before, in the same position, even. Only this time—which I was thankful for—she wasn't shaking.

I took a seat next to her, smiling. "Hi."

"Hi," she parroted, still unmoving.

"Where's your lunch?" I asked her. I looked at the table and realized she hadn't any food with her.

She hesitated for a moment before answering, "I ate it."

"What did you eat?"

"...Food."

I chuckled a bit, taking out my lunch. "Now, that just won't do. Here, have this." I gave her my sandwich and a juice box, pushing it towards her, but she pushed it back.

"No, I'm not hungry," she protested, "You can eat it."

"Yes, you are," I argued. "Besides, I have other things to eat. You eat it."

"No, you eat it."

"No, you eat it."

"No, you."

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

"And I'm not taking yes for one."

"That's it." Putting our banter aside, I picked up the sandwich and fed her a bite. She was caught off guard, flustered, but she chewed carefully.

"It's...good," she said.

"I know. My mom's a really good cook. Now, eat it."

With a sigh, she gave in, thanking me before continuing to eat the sandwich and sip at the juice box.

This time, the silence was a little more comfortable. The two of us just ate our food and let our thoughts wander. I didn't know what that meant for her, but for me, I was caught up in worry. Worrying about her.

"Are you always this cold?" I asked her, gesturing towards her sweater. "You've always got those sweater paws."

She turned red a little. "Yeah."

"Even when it's this hot outside?"

"Yeah."

"You're weird," I commented, but I chuckled to let her know I was only joking. "But in a good way."

"Yeah. You too."