[11] - teasing

Y/N was absent from school the next day, so I sat with my usual group of friends at lunch. I was kind of hoping that the two of us sitting at the library together would become a usual thing, but it was okay. I still liked my old friends and it was only one day—I'd live.

"Where were you yesterday?" Beomgyu asked in regards to how I'd been elsewhere during lunch yesterday.

"In the library," I replied, swallowing the bite of my sandwich.

"Why?"

"I was with a friend."

They all gasped humorously and took this opportunity to tease me.

"Soobin? Having friends? That aren't us?" Taehyun quipped. "That's practically unheard of!"

"The little birdie has finally learned to fly," Yeonjun added, snickering.

"Oh, shut up, you idiots," I grumbled. "I can make friends...sometimes...kinda..."

"We're only joking, Soobin," Kai chuckled. "Who was it anyway?"

"Her name's Y/N. You know, the one I saw the other day with the really big sweater."

"Oooh, does Soobinnie have a girlfriend?" Yeonjun grinned and I swatted his arm.

"No, you imbecile, I've only been friends with her for, like, one day."

"What he means is not yet," Beomgyu said and I glared at him.

"This is why I need friends other than you weirdos."