[9] - friendship

I decided to make it my mission to befriend the sweater girl. I had this strange feeling that something bad was going on with her and I couldn't help but feel extremely worried for her. But it didn't really make sense for just some classmate—a stranger, really—to try and help her or pry for information, so I realized I'd have to be her friend first.

I entered math early that day so I could talk to her before class started. I had to wait a few minutes before she arrived, but I was grateful that she came at all and wasn't in as bad of a state as she was before.

"Hi," I greeted her awkwardly.

She seemed surprised that I had greeted her at all and it was visible in her tone. "Hi."

"What's your name?" I asked, realizing I'd been referring to her as 'sweater girl' all this time—though not to her face, of course.

She hesitated for a short moment before answering, "Y/N."

"I'm Soobin," I told her and she merely nodded.

There was a vast lull in the conversation and I realized that making friends with her would not be easy at all. Well, not unless I was going to be absolutely blunt about it:

"Wanna be friends?"

She paused for a long time and I was beginning to think that she was getting annoyed of me. She started fiddling with the ends of her sleeves again, keeping her head down, but then she let out a tiny, "Okay."

I smiled. "Okay. Want to sit together at lunch?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

The teacher then entered the room and began the class work, so I turned around and started working as I assumed Y/N also did. I had a little smile flickering over my lips as I worked, waiting for lunch to start.