Birth

Few chapters in the beginning are as per Jin Zixuan narration.

Anxiously waiting outside my chambers, my mom Madam Jin was only smiling at me looking at my impatience

Anxiously waiting outside my chambers, my mom Madam Jin was only smiling at me looking at my impatience. After two hours wait suddenly the door opened and a lady shouted "It's a Boy, It's a Boy". I was elated hearing the good news. 

Jin Zixun was beside me for entire two hours and on hearing the words he immediately pulled me in a warm hug.

The palace was filled with cheerful noises of joy and laughter. My Dad called my brother Jin Guangyao and asked him to spread the news. He also asked to distribute sweets to everyone inside the palace and also the passer-by.

Swiftly I entered the room where my beloved Yanli was resting. Seeing me, she stretched her back and rested it on the pillow. On the other corner of room, the lady who shared the news of my son's arrival was wrapping him in a silk cloth which had motifs of peonies embedded in them. I took off the gold necklace from my neck and handed it to her with delight.

She smiled and handed the baby in my arms. Carrying the baby towards Yanli's bed, I admired the beauty placed in my arms. Seeing me besides her bed, she shifted a bit making some place for me to sit. Placing her head on my shoulders, she whispered in my ears "I want to name him Rulan, Jin Rulan".

Jin Rulan, means "like an orchid" (lit

Jin Rulan, means "like an orchid" (lit. An orchid grows in a valley and no one is there to appreciate its scent, and a gentleman cultivates his own morals, which do not change from misfortune).