♡22•Movie Night•22♡

I showed up early at work for the Chief's big meeting and I sat beside Lexie and Megan.

"Listen up, everyone!" I turned to the center of the stage to see the Chief standing there.

"Okay, we're busy people so I'm gonna try and be brief. I am implementing a new teaching protocol here at Seattle Grace. Now some of these rules are new, and some are old and are gonna be newly enforced."

Every one started murmuring and talking amongst themselves but I was just hungry because the stupid bulimia made me throw up my breakfast. It was a great waffle.

"First, second and third-year residents will no longer be allowed to de facto specialize. The practice interferes with the development of a fully-rounded surgical education. No more."

I saw Dr. Yang and Meredith now fully pouting.

"Personal relationships, personal loyalties, and personal favorites will no longer be a factor in our training program. Attendings, you will spread your wealth of knowledge, equally, among all of the residents. In addition, we will refocus all our attention, on patient communication and bedside manner. For some of us, this means learning the lost art of humanity and compassion. For others, this means learning how to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with them." Izzie looked down and I felt bad for her. She was always compassionate and found it hard to not get involved with patients. 

"This is a surgical program. Psychiatry is on the 5th floor. Let's not confuse the two. In addition, residents, your interns reflect on you. If they fail, you fail. If they succeed, you succeed. Attendings, that goes for residents as well. Teach with enthusiasm. Learn with enthusiasm. We are surgeons, we cut out malignancies. Let's start at home, people." We all nodded our heads and exited the room.

"Guess that means I can't focus on cardio anymore." I sighed and laid my head on Lexie's shoulder.

"Yeah, but at least you'll get to explore the world and stuff." Lexie sighed too. "I'm gonna miss, Dr. Shepherd."

"Lizzie!" Lexie and I turned around to see Carter waving at me.

"Who's that?" Lexie asked and I froze. I forgot to tell her about Carter.

"Uh, no one. Go do some charting or something." I pushed her in another direction and ran to Carter.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Without noticing I started fixing my hair but put my hands down instantly.

"Oh, I just wanted to see you. Chris wanted to see you too but he has school. We brought you cookies." He handed me a pink box and I saw it was from my favorite bakery.

"Oh, thanks! These are my favorite." I took the box and smiled at him. "Don't you have school too?" I tilted my head.

"Nah. There's a faculty meeting or something so I decided to come here." He shrugged his shoulders. "I realized we haven't talked in a few months besides that one time in the E.R. so I wanted to know if you could hang out tonight. My dad and his girlfriend are in town for the weekend and we have a movie night." A smile appeared on my face and I couldn't stop.

"Yeah, of course. I get off at 7 pm tonight. That okay?" 

"Yeah. I'll give you my number so you can text me." He took out his phone.

"Oh, I'll give you mine too." I reached into my pocket and we exchanged phones. I took a selfie on his phone and used it as my profile picture.

"Here you go." I gave him back his phone and I saw that he put his profile picture too.

"Oh well I gotta go I have rounds to do and the chief just implemented some new policies." 

"Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to distract you. Bye." He hugged me and I blushed but hugged him back. When I looked at him, I saw that he was blushing too but he left instantly.