♡5•Meeting With The Chief•5♡

I took off my scrub cap and mask and followed the chief. We didn't speak the entire time until we got to a conference room where I saw all the attendings and some 5th year residents.

"Lizzie, take a seat." I sat down immediately next to Dr. Bailey. I couldn't tell whether or not Chief Webber was mad but I didn't let it show on my face. 

I've had my share of people who underestimated me just because I was young. I stayed strong for the past 13 years of my life. I sure wasn't backing down now.

"You all know Lizzie Grey. We had a meeting with her about whether or not she was ready to join the staff of Seattle Grace Hospital." He stopped pacing and sat down in a chair. "We all agreed that she would wait until next year to join for her to mature more."

"According to my staff, Dr. Grey, stayed in this hospital for 16 hours. During those 16 hours she read medical books in the cafeteria, practiced running whip stitches on bananas, checked on post-op patients and assisted on a surgery." Chief Webber took his glasses off.

"For all of Dr. Grey's life, she has exceeded all expectations. She graduated med school at only 13 years old. I don't want to be the one to hold her back from being a great surgeon." He stopped and stared at me. 

"I urge you all to see past Dr. Grey's age and look into her personality and her capabilities. Perhaps we judged her too harshly. From what I saw today, Dr. Grey is more than ready to join Seattle Grace Hospital." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I couldn't believe it. I would be the first ever 13-year old doctor.

"Yes. But I do have some rules." At this point, I didn't even care about the rules. I was just happy to become a surgeon.

"You can only work 24-hour shifts at a time. Any longer than that and your sister, Lexie Grey will personally drive you home." He gestured towards the back and I saw Lexie smiling at me.

"You will also only work 70 hours per week. You will receive the same salary but I will not be responsible for the deterioration of your health. Are we clear, Dr. Grey?"

"Absolutely."

"Well then, Dr. Grey, your 24-hour shift starts now. Your resident will be Dr. Cristina Yang. Congratulations." He shook my hand and everyone in the room clapped.

On the outside, I looked super calm but on the inside, I was absolutely freaking out.

I am so dead.