♡21•Car Accident•21♡

2 weeks later, it was now Thanksgiving time and I still had stupid bulimia. Yay me. I tried everything to make it go away but nope. It continues to push my limits.

Apparently, the hospital was now a #12 teaching hospital and a Level 2 trauma center. Everyone's nervous and Lexie and I were hearing George rant in the intern room.

"You know I couldn't ask him about when he was going to schedule my intern test with all the you know what hitting the fan. I mean, for all I know, he's gonna spring it to me in like an hour? Two hours?" He was rearranging his locker in an attempt to calm down.

"And you'll be ready. Causes of hypotension." She looked at the flashcard.

"Hypovolemia, M.I., cardiac dysrhythmia, uh, hypoxia. Is that good?" George answered and Lexie leaned in to smell him. Oh no...not again. Great I have to be the big sister.

"Yes, very good." She smelled him and I banged my head against the nearest locker.

"Yeah?" George turned around and Lexie leaned back. "What?"

Lexie turned to the window. "The snow! It-It's so pretty, it's like a fairy tale." She gestured outside. 

"Lexie, it's the fall. That's not so much a fairy tale as it is global warming. That's the apocalypse." He leaned in to whisper to her and I desperately wanted the Earth to swallow me.

"That's- well it's like dropping to number 12 and me failing my intern rest for the second time." He walked out of the locker room and Lexie looked disappointed.

"I adore you, by the way. Just..." Lexie fanned herself with the flashcards.

"I question your taste in men." I looked at my nails, they were so short because I bit them whenever I became stressed.

"And yours isn't? You fall in love with book characters like Percy Jackson." She opened her locker and placed the flashcards inside.

"At least mine's cute." I patted her back before walking outside and Lexie followed me too.

"Hey, uh, sorry we're late. We were just-" She was interrupted by Cristina.

"No talking unless it's medical." I just kept my mouth shut and walked behind them.

"So I keep having that dream. That Derek-is-dead dream." Meredith told Cristina who wasn't really paying attention.

"You know who does their residencies at #12 hospitals? Losers. And I am not a loser. Go get the charts." She gestured to the interns in front of me so Lexie and I just stayed put.

"So the dream is about me being afraid of the house of candles and, you know, taking the big step and I'm afraid of having a happy ending." Meredith was basically talking to herself at this point.

"I have a Ph.D. in Biochem. I'm a double doctor." She started walking and we followed her. "Double doctors should not do their residencies at second-rate hospitals."

"Wyatt says I should just lean into the wind, into the fear so I'm just gonna ask Derek to move in with me." My eyes widened. That was a big step for Meredith. I'm proud of her.

"I could transfer. Cleveland Clinic has a huge cardio program." Cristina nodded her head.

"We're still in the top 20. That's pretty good."

"Pretty good is not enough. I want to be great. Greatness, Meredith."

"Greatness, which is why I'm going to ask Derek to move in with me. It's just that, you know, it's a big step and I don't want to mess it up again. I've messed it up before- the breakups, and the on-and-off-again and the sleeping with George-" My eyes widened and I almost snorted but I'm pretty sure Lexie's soul left her body for a second.