Chapter 23

TW-VIOLENCE,GORE, DEATH, AND SNAKES LOTS OF SNAKES

Walking up the stairs that lead to the cafeteria, Nathaniel stops in front of us.

"Two things before we go in there. First," He points to me and snaps his fingers Imperia appears in his hands, "Your going to need this, Love."

Both me and Uncle stare at him in shocked silence.

"This- This is warded so no demon or witch can summon it." I to him a tone of shock to my voice as he hands it to me. "How did you summon it?"

He smiles "It's not warded against the likes me."

I grasp the sword by its handle and flip-spin it around my hand, checking to make sure its reals and not a fake. Yep its real, it perfectly spins around my hand in a practiced arch that only Imperia can do.

"Secondly," He turns to my uncle. "Your going to need to release my damper Teach."

My uncle nods in understanding,but is reluctant to say the power words. "I release Prince Asmodeus who has taken the mortal name of Nathaniel Andrews, to receive a power equal to 40% of his demonic power." Four pops are heard from around Nathaniel. Who is better know as Asmodeus one of 7 crown princes of hell, representing the sin of Lust.

Asmodeus closes his eyes allowing his skin to turn a dark grey and his hair to turn a deceivingly innocent white. His shirt rips as his 9ft bat like wings grow behind him, with a red membrane, allowing you to see his chest tattoo.

Two skulls fussed together wearing a crown engulfed in flames, resting above a snake coming out of roses. Two curved black goat horns form out of his forehead, nails growing to sharpened points.

He grows 6 inches when his feet turn into hooves. He opens his eyes showing us red pupils, glowing with a demonic energy, resting in a sea of black that has taken over the whites of his eyes.

He smiles allowing us to see his sharpened k-9's and incisors, ones that are sharper than mine. (Image above)

"About bloody time." Asmodeus says in a deeper voice, that has an undertone of power to it.

My uncle, having picked up a sword that was hidden under his desk turns to me and says, "Kat,if I make it out of this. Remind me to propose to Nico."

I smile and let out a small squeal hugging him around the neck one handed, "We definitely have to make it out alive, because I'm not letting die now."

"Now?" he says with a raised eyebrow and a note of incredulity in his voice.

I ignore that and continue, "And there's no WAY I'm missing your wedding. I'll come back and haunt your ass if I have too."

He lets out a small laugh, "Alright then," He says letting out a nervous breath, then steeling himself. "Let's do this."

Peeking around the corner to get a view of  the cafeteria, I see a massive horde of snakes. A writhing pile going over and under each other. Snakes of every shape and sizes, populate the cafeteria. The area formerly know as a cafeteria is filled with overturned tables and chairs, but that's not the worst part.

The worst part are the bodies, there must be dozens of bodies in varying states of decomposition. Some eaten others still struggling for breath.

I see Mr. Night amongst the  bodies. His clear blue eyes glossed over with death, his short black hair parting to show that a Pishacha has eaten a bit of his brain.

Looking away I remember what the amount of snakes can only mean one thing. A Basilisks is in the school.

(A basilisk is born when a snake's egg is incubated by a chicken. Once it hatches it has the ability to freeze any creature upon direct eye contact and paralysis them on mirrored surfaces. It also has extremely potent venom. Image below)