Chapter 2

I walk through the front doors after that encounter with the guard, my ID securely around my neck, helmet in hand and head towards the office. It's half way through the first quarter of school so everyone knows where there classes are and who is who.

I walk past the cafeteria off the main entrance where three-fourths of the student body seems to hang out, and I am immediately confronted with the smell of everybody in the room. Sweet gaging smelling perfume, sour Axe body spray the freshmen boys coat themselves in, BO, and-as always when I'm around people-the sweet metallic iron smell of-

STOP block it out like Uncle has taught you.

I close my eyes and let out a breath steeling myself to block out all that I am smelling and open my eyes, to see everyone staring at me.

People and creatures alike have a tendency to sense when I'm present, whether or not they are aware of what I am they unconsciously know that I am something they should be wary of. Well most are, the exception being those with low awareness of either themselves or there surrounding both are oblivious to the effect I have on people.

For a moment I look at them as the look at me then they quickly all look back to what they were doing and start talking in low tones. I catch some stray conversations with my slightly better than most hearing thing like:"Who's she?" " She's kinda hot." " I wonder what she would be like-"

Okay, stopping that conversation right there. I think and walk to the office were I am greeted by a smiling office lady with bright red hair and warm smile.

"Hello sweetie, what can I help you with today?" She ask nicely

"Well I need my new schedule, I just transferred here and they haven't given me my new one yet." I say with honey that tends to coat my voice when I'm trying to get people to do what I want.

Her eyes get that all to familiar glassy look to them as she says, "Sure thing honey, what's your name?"

"It's Katrina Lovedock, senior." She looks up at me slightly startled that look staring to clear from her eyes and she hears my last name.

"Lovedock......like Robert Lovedock." She looks around like she expects my grandfather to pop out from behind the water cooler.

"Yes he's my grandfather, tho he would never admit that to anyone." I say making sure that honey is more prominent in my tone.

The look that stared to clear when she heard my last name starts to come back as she smiles dreamily, and starts typing away at her computer to pull up my new schedule.

I start to shift my bag up my shoulder while I adjust my helmet in my arm. When I start hearing a printer working,  printing out my new schedule.

"Here it is sweetie, have a good day." The office lady says to me as I take my schedule and look it over.

Just as I'm about to go to my locker to put my helmet in my locker for the day, the five minute warning bell rings.

"Shit" I quickly look over schedule to see what my new first hour that doubles as my home room is.

First hour: DRAMA  L.H. Cadman Room 108

I laugh quietly to myself Of course its him I think, well at least there will be one familiar face.

————————————————————————————————
Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Q: Who do you think this L.H. Cadman is and what do you think Kat is?
Place your bets and let me know.
-Kate