Chapter 13

TW- KILLING AND VIOLENCE

After walking to my normal patrolling area, I put in one of my earbuds and listen to the CHA radio system.

The CHA radio system allows all hunters to effectively communicate with each other. When a hunter or group of hunters needs help, to report suspicious creature behavior, need help with clean up, etc. All they have to do is radio in state there hunter family, name, rank and location. Anyone who hears it will come and help if they want.

Some families tho have special family only radio channels, so that only other family hunters can respond to it.

Me being me, I was able to create a master channel so I can listen to all radio channels.

After and hour of walking around my area, I hear over the radio:

"Dawn Blue, family Quarts. Reporting a run away Draken by Land-Chester Road. Found two of them in a pair in the middle of hunting a female, got them as they attacked her. Killed one, the other got away. I'm also requesting medical aid, the one that ran away got me in the side with its claw. Can't follow it with this injury."

A draken is a mythical beast originating from Europe. They are said to be descended from dragons, when they mixed with humans. Out of that union a draken is created. Half human- Half dragon, they can take the form of a human or that of a dragon.

However the dragon form takes a lot out of them, so instead they take on a half state. The half state allows them to have the tough outer scale of their dragon form, the claws, and wings as well. However they say in there human size, though even then the average height of a draken in human form is well over 7ft tall.

Once the report is finished I take out my headphones and run towards Land-Chest Road.

When I get there, I don't see the draken. I do however smell fresh humans blood (female) mixed with leather. Gotcha.

I follow the sent for a couple of minutes, the sent getting strong the more I follow it. When I see him, he has taken on his half state. Showing me his skin covered in dark burnt red scales, broad bat like wings that are at least 10ft wide. The man himself is standing at a little less then 9 ft tall.

Holy shit, he's a big one.

I slow my pace down so he doesn't see me. He suddenly sniffs the air and turn towards me. I see his face for the first time, he has yellow-green eyes with a slit down the middle and two sharp looking horns protruding from his forehead.

...and he has horns, fuck that'll hurt.

He smiles at me and I see all his teeth have been replaced with sharped pointed ones. They are covered in human blood.

"Hello little vampire. What are you doing here?" The draken asks in a deep gravely voice, that slightly growls at he talks.

"Oh well you know, just taking a stroll in the moonlight and all." I say conversationally back.

He lets out a deep chuckle, that I swear I can feel in my chest.

"Do you take me for a fool?" He asks with a touch of anger, "I can smell the silver in you bag, and see the sword at you hip."

Little known fact is that all creatures, no matter the size or species, have a weakness to silver. One touch of anything silver, and the creature is burned. If one is stabbed with a sliver weapon, it kills them instantly. You can cut them too. It won't kill em but, it will slow em down and piss them off.

"Well you never know when you are going to run into a creature that wants to kill yea." I say.

Vampires are know for there power in both monster and hunter circles. In the hunter circles this means if you kill one, it's an instant power elevation. Same in the creature world.