Chapter 1

Why does school have to start at 7 in the FUCKING morning. I think to myself while trying to find a parking spot.

I'm not a morning person, and that has nothing to do with what I am I just have never liked mornings. Only insane people like mornings, like how can you be so perky so early.

I carefully pull my bike into the only spot that I can find, and before you start thinking of me on some skinny little bike your little sister rode when she had training wheels I drive a Motorcycle. Once my kick stand is down I quickly take off my helmet and make sure my hair is still in its low-ponytail and flip it onto my shoulder. I grab my bag from the compartment under my seat and slip on my over the shoulder bag.

I look up at the school I have only ever seen during the night, with its large glass doors spanning the front of the building and students going in and out to their first class of the day. In proud large letters it clearly says:

WELCOME TO MILLER HIGH SCHOOL HOME OF THE BEARS

I start to walk in when I am abruptly stopped by a security guard dressed in the standard mall cop outfit button down and black shorts despite the weather,large belly included.

"Who are you I have never seen you here before." He says in a gravely voice that suggest one to many nights drinking and smoking

I hold back gagging at the pungent smell of cigarettes that would smell foul to someone with a normal sense of smell let alone a sensitive one like mine.

"I'm- I'm new here, just transferred." I say trying not to cough in the guards face from his smell.

"Do you have and ID yet?" He asks.

One of the many rules here and MHS is that you have to have your student ID on you at all times. Not only so you can get to areas, but so they know what you are. MHS is one of the few schools that teach both humans and creatures in the same space however there are some exceptions. For example if you are a creature that either can't or won't be around humans, either because you can't control yourself around them and may endanger their lives or you physically can't be in the day light, they have a special night class that teaches only to creatures. A class I just transferred from.

So I show pull out my ID from my bag with its blue land yard to be warn around your neck during school hours to this guard:
Name: K. Lovedock
Species: V/H
Class: Night

When he sees my ID he does a double take, like so many people do once they see not only my name but my species. He looks at me again, probably noticing my outfit which I am suddenly regretting wearing as it makes me seem a bit intimidating.

Today I decided to wear my favorite pair of black ripped jeans, my combat boots, my fingerless leather gloves, my red tank top under my biker leather jacket-that my Uncle got me once he realized he couldn't stop me from getting my bike so I might as well stay warm-and as always my black choker around my neck proudly displaying the Lovedock family crest on a circular pendent.

He looks at my ID one more time before his eyes narrow in on my choker and he just about pales three shades and quickly gives me back my ID and rushes out of my way stuttering and shy "H-h-have a nice day Miss.Lovedock." And all but runs away from me, he's in such a hurry to get away from me.

"Welcome to Day class Kat."

————————————————————————————————

Q:What do you think of the school so far?